The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 24 - 30 December 2018

Ikon “El Jefe” & Feather Pro
RR Beehive 28mm
WSP Olympus Formula T
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
WSP Olympus a/s splash
Armaf Club de Nuit Intense

Kept it in the family. The other bad-ass IKON....

I can't believe I let the week get away from me! The pearl handle razor was purchased on Amazon as a prop for $10. Last night I tried to put an edge on it with my new stones. It shaved for half a cheek before it was completely useless. Luckily my Parker shavette came to the rescue.

Sunday December 30, 2018

Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Gillette Rubie (6)

Brush: Paladin 26 mm Butterscotch Moe

Soap: A&E L'ORANGE VERTE

Aftershave 1: Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Aftershave 2: Terre De Hermes

CLassic Cobra & Feather Pro
Graydog 26mm Gray Ghost
LNHC Tashmere
Bleu de Chanel a/s lotion
Blu de Chanel Eau de Parfum

A great shave...

I can't believe I let the week get away from me! The pearl handle razor was purchased on Amazon as a prop for $10. Last night I tried to put an edge on it with my new stones. It shaved for half a cheek before it was completely useless. Luckily my Parker shavette came to the rescue.

Sorry about the blade...but those scales are really nice looking! Maybe you can find a home for them!

Yesterday we learned that our dear friend, and TSC Vendor, Susan Smith of Honeybee Soaps, had passed away. She was one of the first artisan shave soap makers, and has had a loyal following since 2006. She passed on 4 Dec 18, we will miss you Sue. Today’s shave was in her honor. I used her bath soap, shave soap, and I applied her body butter as an aftershave balm.

Rest In Peace Sue.

https://www.theshavingcadre.com/post/in-memory-of-honeybee-sue-susan-smith-9966194?pid=1306654594

SOTD: First Impressions shave.

Soap - Oatcake: Abyss
Razor - Shick: Krona
Blade - Perma-Sharp
Brush - Yaqi Synthetic
Post shave - Toner and lotion by Saje

Really nice shave with this one. Slickness was top notch and a great lather was produced from just a 5 second semi light load.

Merkur Progress w/Persona Red//Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest//Fine Accoutrements American Blend shaving cream, a/s, and EdT

Monday December 31, 2018

Razor: Schick Hydromatic
Blade: Schick (2)

Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft

Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars

Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars/Stetson

Happy New Year to All!

Clog-Pruf / GEM SS ptfe
Yaqi Multi 26mm
LNHC Amber Tobacco
WK King of Oud
Amber Pour Homme Intense by Prada

Last shave of 2018, I used my favorite items that were new to me in 2018.

Brush: Paladin Deep Sea Ebonite Buck Rogers
Soap: CBL Soaps, Ghost Dragon’s Blood
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Aftershave: RazoRock Mudder Focker

Back