The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 22-28 October 2018

Gillette Big Fellow

The Club (Ariana & Evans) - Cold Day in Hell 2

Rudy Vey Shavemac Two Band Silver Tip Badger

Hayashi Diamond 1000//Paladin PK47//Paladin Natchez Trace//Paladin unscented balm//Bleu de Chanel EdP

23 October 2018
Vorpal Straight
Williams Mug Suds
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN finest
Aqua Velva Sport
Pierre Cardin EdP

Gillette Big Fellow

Super-Max Platinum (2nd Use)

Stirling Synthetic
Humphreys Witch Hazel

SHAVE OF THE DAY

Prep: hot bath with Rose water, Chiseled Face Sherlock bath soap, PAA Porthos shampoo bar,Ellegant Rose deodorant pre shave soap mix
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: pol-Silver
Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft
Soap: CBL Black Rose Oud

First shave with CBL and it went wonderfully. Scent of BRO is just what ive been looking for, would put in up there with English Rose as a favorite rose scent. I think its the geranium that adds a bit of bright freshness. Couldnt stop sniffing the tub, and went with a unscented DIY salve to enjoy the scent a bit longer.

Performance was quite impressive. Could tell from ingredients that it was no slouch. this stuff produced a thick lather with no effort and held a lot of water without breaking down, i usually add as much water as possible. Residual slickness was a 10 and did touch ups with no lather, even getting a bit reckless on the final pass with no ill effects. Hope everyone had a great shave!

[QUOTE username=Dave

Nice setup Dave! The Gumby adds a cool touch. The Paladin soaps (made by Soap Smooth) were sadly discontinued, really like the classy heavy jars they used, similar to MT.
I know. Got this and Natchez Trace before they were gone. Good stuff and love the heavy jars too !

Back