The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 19 - 25 October 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
23rd October 2020 AEST

IMG-20201022-223640.jpg

Brush: Graydog Arizona Mesquite Maggard 28mm SHD fan
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo 0.50mm Mild plate
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (8)
Soap: CELLA Organic
Pre: Shower
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS

A really smooth and refreshing shave with this setup. Fist shave with the hand me down soap and its a great alternative to the almond scent of CELLA red.
Wishing you Good Health, Happy Shaves & A Pleasant Weekend!!!

23 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. Great lather as you'd always expect from the Stirling soap. Nice scent too. I don't have Creed Original Santal so I can't comment on its accuracy but it smells great. Finished with the Williams Aqua Velva. Less sweet, more powder than the American version. Light menthol as well. Finished with a spray of P&G Old Spice. Great way to round out the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Intrepid Man" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket / /PAA D.O.C.
Gillette 7 O'clock Green / Alum / Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave Splash / P&G Old Spice EdC

IMG-4647.jpg

First time ever using a scuttle, and I am now a fan. Filled it wil some near boiling water from the kettle prior to my shower, and it kept my lather warm the whole shave. Much croap and cream usage shall follow. The Voskhod is better than the Ming Shi IMHO. BBS today.

Razor: Pre-war Tech / MR5 handle
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
Soap: CBL Premium Smokey Mountain Cedar
Splash: Aqua Velva Musk

20201022_190245.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back