The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 19 - 25 July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday AM 2021-07-23
National Pajamas Day
C3e7UDS.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
ABC shaving croap (sample from a friend)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

The ABC makes excellent lather, but no better than that of many of my other soaps and creams, and I prefer the sweeter almond scent of vintage C&E and Trumper. But I'm grateful for the opportunity to try the ABC. Initially I did not really like the smell of vetiver, but it has grown on me.
C1epkuR.jpg

Sat 24 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette GSB 1st
Post &Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Just a terrific lather from this soap. Nice aromatic scent, very creamy and slick stuff...just love this...
Shave with razor paired with the excellent blade at setting 9-7-7 was smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish.
20210723_210002.jpg20210724_073013.jpg

Sun 25 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + RazoRock Puros
Just a great aromatic cigarish leaf scent from this soap! Nothing else. The lather was nicely creamy and had good slickness too...really enjoyed it.
Shave with this very nice vintage razor paired with the good blade was very enjoyably smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs result. They sure got it right many years ago. Aftershaves were awesome too.
20210725_120547.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-07-25
National Parents Day
DHb2SZn.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Proraso Red shaving cream
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
English Leather aftershave (vintage)

The big brush hogged the Proraso lather, and I ended up adding a bit too much water. The heft and thickness of the razor head make me feel like I am shaving with a wooden block, an unusual and interesting effect.
VLT5hbi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back