The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 18 - 24 January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Image: bLWlbHj.jpg]

Boker Tree Brand
Yaqui Badger
Noble Otter Rawr
Proraso Green.

New to me vintage razor got all honed up last night, and I took her out for a spin today. I like the smaller 5/8" blade size, but as with everything there is a learning curve. The angle of approach due to size is different (silly geometry), and that caused some razor burn for me. I love the look of the bone scales, but they are a bit heavier which threw the balance I am used to a bit. Overall no real big problems, just more things to become familiar with. A few touches of red, but overall DFS. This one goes in the rotation.

Razor: Empire B.S. &Co Phila PA 5/8"
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Vintage Shulton Old Spice
Pre: CBL Pre Shave Oil
Splash: Ivory Club Spice
Balm: EMJ Sig Mint

20210121_205709.jpg

20210122_070659.jpg

22 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Well, we did it! We made it to another Friday! Small victories!! 😁

Great shave today! I had hoped I would have gotten the "Magi" soap before Christmas but alas, that wasn't in the stars (🥸). Luckily, it's not a traditional "Christmas" scent (or perhaps it is in fact the "original" Christmas scent :unsure:), no pine, no cookies, no berries, etc. Instead it's a dry, resinous aroma of Frankincense and Myrrh that would be right at home in a Gothic cathedral. The lather was excellent as with all PAA soaps. Finished with a splash of Clubman "Musk" and a spray of Burberry London. Great shave to end the week!

Hope you have a great day!!

PAA "Magi" Shave Soap / Knothead "Swamp Thing" / Rockwell "Model T" / Kai / Alum
Clubman "Musk" Aftershave Splash + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Burberry "London" EdT

IMG-5256.jpg

Friday AM 2021-01-22
National Celebrate Life Day
AGXxllT.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 soft shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Polsilver Super Iridium (12)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 aftershave

Another wonderful shave, despite the blade just beginning to drag a bit. New blade tomorrow. But Ethos First Lather helped.
GwQLStT.jpg

23 January 2021 AEST

IMG-20210123-153139.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 + Frank Shaving G4 24/52mm
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Halo handle
Blade: GSB (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Although not the closest shave things felt smooth and comfortable with a refreshing post shave. Not long until this soap is gone and a little bit of me feels guilty as AP Reserve is as rare as gold these days... :)
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Sat 23rd SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 2rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice original
The soap has a nice but mild scent. Good performance quality and very pleasurable lathering with the soft brush.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs feel. Rating 9.8/10
20210123_123755.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back