The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 17 - 23 December 2018

This morning was my first shave this week. With long hours at work and little time to sleep in between I tend to sacrifice my shaves to get more rack time. I might try to squeeze in another tonight before I go back to work at midnight.

Otto Kampfe Razor & Voshkod Teflon
WCS 26mm Blue&White
LNHC Somali Rose
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
LNHC Somali Rose a/s balm
Stetson Cooling Moisturizing a/s splash

A great shave....

Otto Kampfe Razor & Voshkod Teflon
WCS 26mm Blue&White
LNHC Somali Rose
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
LNHC Somali Rose a/s balm
Stetson Cooling Moisturizing a/s splash

A great shave....

How is that WCS brush? I was going to buy one but was waiting for a review. I am a cheapo and a brush under $20 gets my attention

How is that WCS brush? I was going to buy one but was waiting for a review. I am a cheapo and a brush under $20 gets my attention

Really soft tips with good splay. Only caveat is there is not a lot of backbone and it shed 3-4 synthetic hairs on it’s first go. Hopefully those were just the loose ones once it was set. Fits very comfortably in the hands with good heft. Not a bad brush to be honest.....

Friday December 21, 2018

Razor: Colonial Aluminum General w/Brass Handle
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)

Brush: Rubberset 400 Maggards Synthetic

Soap: A&E Revolution

Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E Revolution

The handle swap looks better than I thought it would

British Aristocrat #16//Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band flat top//Shannon's Woodlands//Fine Snake Bite + Witch Hazel//Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Think I have to step up my game.. my picks look so amature.\n\n
Pics look fine. We all can\'t compete with these Ansel Adams
\n\nThis pic looks more than fine -- looks great! Color, angle, arrangement -- quite professional. \n\nI know that I have learned a ton about composition, lighting, close-ups, etc. just from observing Ansel-Adams-SOTDs on this and other forums. For me, messing with the photos is easily half the fun of this hobby. And I still just use my phone camera. \n\nThose folks who don\'t have the time or inclination to produce artsy SOTDs are cool too -- I enjoy seeing their gear whether it is in a quick snapshot or a simple text list. \n\nOh, and BTW, if you ever want to trade a machined Blackbird for yours, give me a holler. ;-)

Back