The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 15 - 21 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofatboy has a good video on Youtube showing what a shim is, how to make one and how it shaves. Not sure if I can post a link to it, but it is from October 24, 2020 on his Youtube channel.
It is a good video.
Shims are great if you enjoy a particular razor(s), but you find it a bit mild.
Good luck.

Sun 21 SOTD
Soap Stirling SandPiper
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd use
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A wonderful consistent scent from the soap...somehow abit stronger compare to 1st use. Good quality too...really love this scent!
Shave with favorite vintage OC razor paired with the blade was perfect! Easy, smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly BBS result without issues. This and the New SC is my fav OC vintage. Satisfying aftershaves on an oven-hot day.
(y) 20210320_221633.jpg
20210321_111245.jpg

Geofatboy has a good video on Youtube showing what a shim is, how to make one and how it shaves. Not sure if I can post a link to it, but it is from October 24, 2020 on his Youtube channel.
It is a good video.
Shims are great if you enjoy a particular razor(s), but you find it a bit mild.
Good luck.
+1 Exactly!! I started adding a shim blade to my not-so-efficient razors (mostly vintage TTO) to enable more efficiency after watching GeoFatBoy! Works really well too...

SOTD 21 March 2021

Prep :Cold water
Razor: Koraat
Brush: SV 2.0 Shaving Brush in Thuya Briar Root
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
After-shave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
EdP: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
114db7665c722023f82cd7d481c0bafc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

21 March, 2021

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. :)

Soap Commander "Love" Shave Soap / Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia / Karve Widebody (plate C) / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals" Aftershave / Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdT

IMG-5725.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-03-21
National Memory Day
l1dBivC.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Aristocrat Brass & SS
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (3)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)

saspUGI.jpg

Happy Sunday! Beautiful sunny day, BBQ cleaned and ready to go and steaks, chicken and veggies marinating. The first BBQ of the season awaits!

A lovely shave and a fitting start to lovely day with my bride! Have a good one! Stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket - 1959-61
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Edwin Jagger Silver Tip Badger Synthetic - 22mm knot
Lather: Dr Jon’s 13
Aftershave: Dr Jon’s 13
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Victor Rolf Spicebomb

Happy Sunday! Beautiful sunny day, BBQ cleaned and ready to go and steaks, chicken and veggies marinating. The first BBQ of the season awaits!

A lovely shave and a fitting start to lovely day with my bride! Have a good one! Stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket - 1959-61
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Edwin Jagger Silver Tip Badger Synthetic - 22mm knot
Lather: Dr Jon’s 13
Aftershave: Dr Jon’s 13
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Victor Rolf Spicebomb
Call me when it’s ready!! ;)

First shave with any soap from @LNHC and it was a great experience. The Mariner, OS homage, is a nice aroma. The overall tone seems to combine a few major aspects of different generations of the scent. After I was finished with the shave I compared it to a sample of Old Spice Burley I am lucky enough to have, and I think it actually matches up the best with that, and will use that combo next time.

The razor did not perform as well as I had hoped. I've found that it lays in the odd manner upon my strop, for whatever reason, and it has gone down hill with each use. I'll need to figure that out. DFS in any case.

Razor: Simmons Hardware Co. Number 8 Special (4)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: LNHC Mariner
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: EMJ Sig Mint

20210321_142148.jpg

20210321_102209.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back