The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 12 - 18 November 2018

NOTE TO SELF: Never post pics to fall in the glow of a Celestino SOTD.

Lovely. And, may I ask, the red carpet consists of what heavenly plant?

Patti, thank you for your kind words and your photos are just wonderful.

Regarding the red foliage in my photo, I believe these are fallen leaves from a certain kind of Japanese Maple tree. We have a few in our neighbourhood and I love photographing their magnificent colour. I'll post another SOTD photo with a better picture of the tree in a few days.

No comment regarding a woman's reach/desire as I know it all too well with my wife's. ?

Wednesday November 14, 2018

Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5

Blade: Concord (1)

Brush: Paladin 26 mm Lemon Drop Falstaff

Soap: CBL Aquatic Oud

Aftershave 1: Thayers Cucumber

Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva

Wednesday November 14, 2018

Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5

Blade: Concord (1)

Brush: Paladin 26 mm Lemon Drop Falstaff

Soap: CBL Aquatic Oud

Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva

Hey, Dave, I have seen and appreciated your Aqua Velva hand many times.
Question: how do you get the Aqua Velva out?

Patti, thank you for your kind words and your photos are just wonderful.

Regarding the red foliage in my photo, I believe these are fallen leaves from a certain kind of Japanese Maple tree. We have a few in our neighbourhood and I love photographing their magnificent colour. I'll post another SOTD photo with a better picture of the tree in a few days.

No comment regarding a woman's reach/desire as I know it all too well with my wife's. ?

Thank you, sir — and I look forward to your future photos!

Wacker "Allround Blonde"//Simpson CH2//AoS Sandalwood soap//Fine Santal splash//AoS Sandalwood EdT

Hey, Dave, I have seen and appreciated your Aqua Velva hand many times.
Question: how do you get the Aqua Velva out?
Osmosis....... actually there is a screw cap on one of the fingers. Thanks Patti
Can see better in this photo

Osmosis....... actually there is a screw cap on one of the fingers. Thanks Patti
Can see better in this photo

Ah, well yes, that should work just fine. ?
Actually, it kinda fits your signature block quote: “Things should be as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
Thanks, Dave!

Beautifully warm colours, Chris!
1f44d.png
Thanks, Celestino.

Gillette Super Speed w/Astra SP//Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest//CBL Ghost Pineapple//Fine Platinum//Creed Aventus EdP

Fantastic SOTD Pics all around! I have been slacking on my picks lately. Actually, I have just been plain slacking period!

Patti, I'm impressed with your range of razors. I don't think I've ever heard about a female using a GEM before.

Thursday November 15, 2018

Razor: Shick Injector

Blade: Schick Super Chromium (1)

Brush: B&B Limited Edition Boar

Soap: CBL The Shaving Cadre

Aftershave 2: Pinaud Citrus Musk

Back