The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 12 - 18 November 2018

It’s a bit late to be compiling for a 2019 calendar, but would anybody have problems about using some of these submissions on one going forward? I did a small run last year and didn’t get the job done this year. Smaller runs are pretty costly.

No problem here.

It’s a bit late to be compiling for a 2019 calendar, but would anybody have problems about using some of these submissions on one going forward? I did a small run last year and didn’t get the job done this year. Smaller runs are pretty costly.
No issue here Rich and actually I had mentioned it on 1 of my videos being an idea !

Sunday November 18, 2018

Razor: Asylum Rx

Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)

Brush: Paladin 26 mm Lemon Drop Falstaff

Soap: Pdp 63

Aftershave 1: Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla

Cologne : Pdp 63 EDT

Gorgeous picture and LOVE the look of that razor handle Patti

Thanks, Dave. To be honest, I was floored that my phone camera pulled this one off — and without a tripod.

The used Charcoal Stinger handle was one of my best finds: $40 (shipping included) from a guy in Alaska.

Thanks, Dave. To be honest, I was floored that my phone camera pulled this one off — and without a tripod.

The used Charcoal Stinger handle was one of my best finds: $40 (shipping included) from a guy in Alaska.
Awesome, I may have to be on the hunt for one ?

Monday November 19, 2018

Razor: Asylum Rx

Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)

Brush: Paladin 26 mm Lime Lotus

Soap: Mystic Water Leather and Smoke

Aftershave 1: Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla

Cologne : CFG Ghost Town Barber

Hey Patti,
Yes and no. So far I've only tried the Schick Proline as its only been 4 shaves that I've had with it. I signed up for the Timeless Bronze pass around and had to put the Vector aside for a few days. But I do have Feather Pro's, Supers and a few variants of the Kai's to try. But, honestly the Vector and Proline have been a super combo. Efficiently smooth with a nice touch of blade feel. Remarkable really. I will get to other blades eventually but, the Proline usually gives me 8-10 really good shaves. Stay tuned....

Regards,
Gus

Back