The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Songs About Home

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I have been hearing a lot of songs lately about Louisiana (the obvious of course is House of the Rising Sun by The Animals) and it just made me think of all the songs about home. Post one...or many...songs about your home. It could be where you are at right now...where you have been...or even where you are going.

I'll go first...

This song was made popular by Laine Hardy of American Idol fame. But us folks in Bayou Country have been listening to this song since 2011 by a group called Band of Heathens. The group is from Texas...but I just love this song. So I guess I will adopt them.

@Majorrich I assume this one is well known in your parts? Until just now I didn't know it was sung by John Denver. I know if it because there's a "town" in Oregon called Toledo on the way to the coast. Every time we passed it we were regaled with this song. I can even remember a time when we were in two cars because I was up there visiting with my family so we called him on speaker phone to hear him singing from the other car.

@Majorrich I assume this one is well known in your parts? Until just now I didn't know it was sung by John Denver. I know if it because there's a "town" in Oregon called Toledo on the way to the coast. Every time we passed it we were regaled with this song. I can even remember a time when we were in two cars because I was up there visiting with my family so we called him on speaker phone to hear him singing from the other car.

Yup.. I’m told Toledo is a good place to be from.

Oh, I've got a good one that covers a place I have been..... but can't access YouTube from work, so I'll post later!

I have been hearing a lot of songs lately about Louisiana (the obvious of course is House of the Rising Sun by The Animals) and it just made me think of all the songs about home. Post one...or many...songs about your home. It could be where you are at right now...where you have been...or even where you are going.

I'll go first...

This song was made popular by Laine Hardy of American Idol fame. But us folks in Bayou Country have been listening to this song since 2011 by a group called Band of Heathens. The group is from Texas...but I just love this song. So I guess I will adopt them.

Another for you...

Carolina girls?? Since when has that ever been a thing?

Back