The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Something a little different......(as I said with a smirk)

Knothead

Jr. Shave Member
Artisan Retailer
Since it's hunting season, I decided to try something a little unique. Antler and Resin. 22/24mm size for knot. As you know when you do something different, there is always a line that you don't want to cross. Well, I think I sprinted past that line today. If there are any brave souls that want this, I will donate it to them gratis if they pay the shipping. (knot not included) MILK CRATE IS THE NEW OWNER OF THIS.....CONGRATS.
Will not be posted on my Shopify site. Let me know what you think........
DISCLAIMER: This is not representative of my normal work. Thought I'd have a little fun today.............
.IMG_2286.jpgIMG_2288.jpgIMG_2291.jpgIMG_2292.jpgIMG_2290.jpg:sneaky:

Last edited:
Very kind offer! Sorry it wasn’t up to your standards...someone is sure to enjoy it I’ll bet!

Very interesting. Hum, kind of makes me wonder what you could do with a Buffalo Horn round???

20201028_183153[1].jpg 20201028_183232[1].jpg

My wife couldn't believe I was going to post this after all the mumbling and cussing under my breath, she heard about the final result. I told her if this "Glorious" piece brought a smile to someones face today, it was worth the time and effort. Regardless of the outcome. I grew up in a Corporate , Black Suit and Power Tie kind of business. Everyone was worried about how they were perceived and ego's were a serious business. Guess what? If you can't laugh at yourself every now and then, and show some of your "screw-ups" and be humbled, is it worth the aggravation of worrying what people think. I learned that in life, and now am a practitioner of that philosophy. I know what my abilities are and am not afraid to show some things that others would never let see the light of day. Enjoy my humor and I look forward to providing a great, handcrafted, quality piece for you some day.

My wife couldn't believe I was going to post this after all the mumbling and cussing under my breath, she heard about the final result. I told her if this "Glorious" piece brought a smile to someones face today, it was worth the time and effort. Regardless of the outcome. I grew up in a Corporate , Black Suit and Power Tie kind of business. Everyone was worried about how they were perceived and ego's were a serious business. Guess what? If you can't laugh at yourself every now and then, and show some of your "screw-ups" and be humbled, is it worth the aggravation of worrying what people think. I learned that in life, and now am a practitioner of that philosophy. I know what my abilities are and am not afraid to show some things that others would never let see the light of day. Enjoy my humor and I look forward to providing a great, handcrafted, quality piece for you some day.
well said and good for you. (y)

this one is .825" on small end, 1.02" on the large end, 4.4" long. I may have larger ones.
Fenster,
Normal handles run around 1.4 to 1.5" in diameter. Length to start is about 3.0". If you cast clear resin totally around it and turned it, the knot would be visible and not look so good. Those do make great pen blanks though....

Side note.....your name here a tribute to an old tv classic????

Fenster,
Normal handles run around 1.4 to 1.5" in diameter. Length to start is about 3.0". If you cast clear resin totally around it and turned it, the knot would be visible and not look so good. Those do make great pen blanks though....

Side note.....your name here a tribute to an old tv classic????
got ya, unfortunately I don't have any that large.

No, the name is not from a tv show (good guess though), it was a nickname derived from the intentional mispronunciation of my last name by a number of half wit kids (my neighborhood buddies and I) around 37 years ago. It stuck and I have used it ever sense then on the internet, gaming, forums, etc.

It kinda went like this...
Stevens
Ste____Vens (exaggerated pause)
Ste____Fense (again, large pause)
Fense
Fenster (lol, like I said we were half wits), we were around 12 and had a lot of time on our hands, :p

got ya, unfortunately I don't have any that large.

No, the name is not from a tv show (good guess though), it was a nickname derived from the intentional mispronunciation of my last name by a number of half wit kids (my neighborhood buddies and I) around 37 years ago. It stuck and I have used it ever sense then on the internet, gaming, forums, etc.

It kinda went like this...
Stevens
Ste____Vens (exaggerated pause)
Ste____Fense (again, large pause)
Fense
Fenster (lol, like I said we were half wits), we were around 12 and had a lot of time on our hands, :p
Kids are cruel.....I remember....I was one once....
I saw your name and thought of the the old TV sitcom "I'm Dickens, he's Fenster". Cast was Marty Ingals and John Astin. Man am I getting old........

"Getting old" :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:🕺:ROFLMAO:
My (now long-departed) mother-in-law used to say to my wife (the youngest of 10): "Girl, getting old ain't easy. But it's better than not getting old"

Wise lady!

Back