The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Tier List

fhalden

"Like BarberDave… I make my own fun”
I came across this little website, which gave me 15 minutes of fun.

This tier list format, with its mysterious S tier, is all the rage with the kids these days. It's missing some important brands, but there's a lot to play around with.

I have attached my "Shave Soap Base Tier List," but the only hill I'll die on is the four soaps in my S tier. They're special to me.
011200832a261f8da50c8a9e9693374b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Nice game. I haven’t used the majority of these brands, but here is my personal list of the ones I have used:
my-image.png

S tier origin story from Japanese School Grades

S-rank originated from academic grading in Japan. Teachers could use a grade of S to showcase a level superlative to grades such as A, B or C. A way to incentivize truly exceptional academic performance and give recognition to elite students earning near perfect scores.

There was also an "S level" grade that was used in the UK for similar reasons.

2 tiers posted....and both left one particular soap maker off completely. I'm almost certain it's an oversight.

2 tiers posted....and both left one particular soap maker off completely. I'm almost certain it's an oversight.
Sadly you can only choose from the available options pre-loaded into the software. No slight on CBL intended here, one of my favorites for sure!

Sadly you can only choose from the available options pre-loaded into the software. No slight on CBL intended here, one of my favorites for sure!
Oh.....totally understandable. CBL is one of my favorites as well......I didn't click on the link (I'm at work) so I wasn't aware of the program's slight on Chris.

Yeah, there are several soaps that just weren't options. It's a limited set that has grown over time, but is woefully incomplete. CBL, LNHC, Lakewood, Mystic Water... I could probably come up with 20 if I went through my database.

Oh.....totally understandable. CBL is one of my favorites as well......I didn't click on the link (I'm at work) so I wasn't aware of the program's slight on Chris.
I'm not certain, but I think this thing was built, at least initially, by a guy who does a wetshaving podcast and YouTube videos. The extent of his selections may betray the limits of his experience.

Back