The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap/cream of the day

First use of A&E products ever. Went with Revolution!

Couldn’t place any particular scent notes for the life of me; it’s just a nice, near neutral cologne scent to me right now.

So the purpose of this thread is to post you’re using the same soap every day? 🤪

1st use of A&E Novelist.

Less neutral than Revolution. Very sweet off the tub, still cologne-type overall. Getting hints of leather and bright tobacco.

1st use of A&E Novelist.

Less neutral than Revolution. Very sweet off the tub, still cologne-type overall. Getting hints of leather and bright tobacco.
Chris = Nose Blind 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Revolution = Révolution is a very masculine scent that hits you like a ton of bricks. Révolution starts out with peppery citrus notes of bergamot & grapefruit, followed by leather, pink pepper, tobacco and Haitian vetiver.

Novelist = If you're looking for sophisticated & unique spicy oriental & wood scent, this is a shaving soap for you. The Novelist has a sophisticated, spicy oriental scent that was inspired by Histoires de Parfum 1899. The scent consists of Bergamot, Juniper, Black Pepper, Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Iris, Vetiver, Tobacco and Amber.

FIFY

Revolution = Révolution is a very masculine scent that hits you like a ton of bricks. Révolution starts out with peppery citrus notes of bergamot & grapefruit, followed by leather, pink pepper, tobacco and Haitian vetiver. = Barnyard, garden, and hay.

Novelist = If you're looking for sophisticated & unique spicy oriental & wood scent, this is a shaving soap for you. The Novelist has a sophisticated, spicy oriental scent that was inspired by Histoires de Parfum 1899. The scent consists of Bergamot, Juniper, Black Pepper, Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Iris, Vetiver, Tobacco and Amber. = Overly sweet Leather and Tobacco.

See? I got it right!

Chris = Nose Blind 🤪:ROFLMAO:
Ok I’ll give you that! Still developing my refined @NurseDave senses.

Chris... what kind of barnyards have you been hanging out in? I see nothing on that list that fits that. And i have been around a few barnyards lol

i can't give an opinion on that one. Still haven't tried any A&E soaps yet. seems like the soap scene exploded in the couple years i went dark from forums lol
Same for me as I got back into forums 2-3 years ago but actually started back in 2010 with Col Conk Lime

i can't give an opinion on that one. Still haven't tried any A&E soaps yet. seems like the soap scene exploded in the couple years i went dark from forums lol
Well sample up that green booger soap you use and send it in to the sample swap. We'll hook you up!

Back