The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

So I received an email....

aspirin54

Veteran
Hola everyone,

It had been awhile since I checked in elsewhere and an email caught my attention. Well, here I am, Michael from Tacoma, Washington. If you don't know me, I have been shaving, primarily DE with some straights here and there, for about four years now. My go to DE is my toggle, love it! I am a photographer, and I am also an instructor for a program called Hot Shop Heroes where vets learn to blow glass as a form of therapy. I was medically retired in 2012 after doing ten years in the US Army. I am a new dad as of April 5th, so that occupies the majority of my time right now, but I hope to hop in here a bit more often and get back into the camaraderie that comes with it.

Welcome on Michael!

I have a cousin in-law that blows glass; he was out of the Washington are too!

The Toggle is quite the go-to! What kind of soaps do you enjoy?

Glad to see you here Michael! Didn't know that you help out Vets with glass blowing...that is pretty awesome! Don't be a stranger!

Welcome Michael! Glad you foun your way here. I know Badger Babe will be happy to have another glass blower here!

And congats on becoming a Father! That's awesome.

Welcome to the Cadre. Happy to have you here!

Hey there, welcome. Congratulations on the little one!

Didn't know that you help out Vets with glass blowing...that is pretty awesome!

I did a trip last August to England to help run a three day workshop where we taught 6 English veterans how to blow glass. While I was there I got an offer to become an instructor at the Museum of Glass's program, so I took them up on that. It's quite the experience seeing veterans' reactions to the process.

I know Badger Babe will be happy to have another glass blower here!

She does have a couple of my pieces in her collection. ?

Good to see you here Michael, I was wondering when you would get on over here.

Welcome to TSC Michael. Unfortunately, I never got to know you at the other place. Congratulations on being a new Dad! And thank you for the work you are doing for our brethren.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and congratulations! With my son, I will be able to pass my collection on someday and teach him everything that I have learned on my journey thus far and will learn until that day.

Back