The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Slippers recommendations

I just bought a pair of Isotoner slippers back in December. They are comfy. Holding up well so far.

16144563876121248174542232222013.jpg

I know everyone was on edge of chair waiting for an update 😂

3 weeks into daily wearing of the slippers I posted and its clear they are just ever so slightly too small. Maybe in time they will get more comfortable as the sole compresses and upper stretches, but it looks like i would be a better half size that doesnt exist. not so bad at all, but for full msrp, I’d be pretty disappointed. I am still kind of disappointed though tbh.

i got my moose hide in and my wife is not impressed with my plans, i think she thought i was joking. You think she would know me by now. I realized she bought some cool felt for an insole project a while ago, so i may try to convince her to give it to me.

Oh...you are still a baby! 🤪 I kid...at 48...I feel like I am at least 10 years older...even if I look 10 years younger. Damn I am good looking! :rolleyes:

Kidz. Whatchagonnado? 🤷‍♂️
I just realized...I am going to be that dad waiting to pick up his kid from school and all the other kids are going to ask my daughter if her grandpa is picking her up?

I just realized...I am going to be that dad waiting to pick up his kid from school and all the other kids are going to ask my daughter if her grandpa is picking her up?

I used to get home early, take my kid to the park (after taking off the suit and putting some tshirt & jeans) where all the nannies and au pairs were and after a couple of hours the older parents would show up from work. I was either mistaken for looking like a deadbeat dad or homeless 😂 according to my wife.

Btw, still on the fence about these slippers. I feel like I really just like bare feet more, maybe its that none of the slippers fit well. But still thinking about the moose skin i have and maybe making some split toe tabis but i feel i need to practice my stitching and forms first, ya know, measure 2x, cut once. But i should probably try some old fabric first.

Btw, still on the fence about these slippers. I feel like I really just like bare feet more, maybe its that none of the slippers fit well. But still thinking about the moose skin i have and maybe making some split toe tabis but i feel i need to practice my stitching and forms first, ya know, measure 2x, cut once. But i should probably try some old fabric first.
I like my slippers, but to be honest...I really just like walking around in my socks. Just a hint of cushion.

Our house is all hardwood & tiles, with just a few area rugs. I need to pick up some slippers (or start wearing sneakers inside) as my old pair was worn through and now my heels and other "contact" bones ache almost all the time.

3 month update!! 😂 i know everyone was jonesing to hear more.

The soles have molded well with the eva and shearling. The heel cup can be a bit annoying and at times rubs if not seated properly. Maybe could have been a bit higher on the heel but not moc heel height.

Found a new non-shearling loafer slipper on super sale (way way more 49D7B1F3-23DD-4696-9659-AB5B06A4B394.jpegthan pictured) that more or less fit pretty
Darn well.

Vince “ultra-soft suede Atlee features a featherweight cork footbed”

Finding i wish they made them in a 12.5 but they feel pretty good and I’m not tripping over them. Thats a huge plus

glad i asked the busy clerk what the price was since they werent marked. He quoted (and then guaranteed that price) and when rang up differently he honored his price without hesitation. It was so odd for a legit Vince retail store albeit outlet. He was really nice to my wife and i for the relatively minimal purchases we made.

Yeah slippers. I might copy this style with the elk i have since the pattern is very close to what i had envisioned after days and weeks of searching for a good pattern.

Recieved this set of UGG Ascot’s at our family Christmas, which was yesterday. They run a hair small, I’m a 9.5 and a 10 is almost too small, but they should stretch a hair. They are beautiful and very comfortable! They have yet to leave my feet since I woke up, I’ll keep you updated.
FE5FD9A0-C3D5-4A1C-A6A1-425B2506D0B9.jpeg

Back