The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shoebox Shave Club

Wow! Super good deal. I'm thinking about something......

Yea... tempting to pick up another Simpson's Brush with that price.

I thought this company was going out of business I tend to recall reading that a couple years ago. So I haven't been checking the site any longer.

I thought this company was going out of business I tend to recall reading that a couple years ago. So I haven't been checking the site any longer.
I thought they went out of business as well. But they definitely have a new website, and appear to be all back up and running!

I thought they went out of business as well. But they definitely have a new website, and appear to be all back up and running!

Very much so! Saw some aftershaves that aren't as common elsewhere also. hmm... an order might be in my future.

After a little digging, Gary the owner died earier last year, and his Son in Law took over. Initially they thought they were just going to liquidate..... Apparently they decided to run with the business and revamp the page. Great news!

So, I just placed an order. Bought a Merkur Progress. Been wanting one for a long time. With discount it was $50. Also bought some other stuff. Just a note, there is FREE SHIPPING after $75..... this applies to your SUBTOTAL. My Subtotal was over $75, but my Total after discount was under $75 and I still got free shipping!

Oh, and when you check out, it asks you how your heard about them..... of course I put down that I heard about them from The Shaving Cadre!!!

I ordered from Gary a few times and was treated well. Then Wade took over after Gary's passing and I've been getting emails that I keep forgetting to post here. Havent had the chance to deal directly with Wade yet but if he has the same customer service mindset there should be no issues with him whatsoever.

I just received my order today! 5 days after ordering. Can’t complain about that.

Did anyone else notice the name change?

Old: Shoebox Shave Shop
New: Shoebox Shave Club

I wonder why? It makes it sound like a subscription service like Harry’s or DSC. Doesn’t make sense to me. But maybe, they changed for legal reasons. Maybe since Gary died, it was easier to change the name than to get the legal rights to the old name.

Back