The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving tattoo

The idea of having something that lasts a life time has no appeal to me.

Like Marriage?
1f631.png

J/K Man......

I'm not sure what I would get. I already have a decent amount of tattoos, so I would figure out where it would go first. I would probably go with something with an old school vibe style-wise. Probably something involving a DE blade or a razor and brush.

Never thought about a tattoo really. I took a friend to get one in high school and the experience was pretty.....ah....um interesting. The tattoo artist looked like Trace Adkins and had a huge bowie knife in the small of his back. My best friend goes in there and I went with him. I asked him what the knife was for and he said "If you don't pay I cut the tattoo off." I thought that was actually pretty funny because this dude was serious, there was no "Ha, I'm just kidding...." and I certainly didn't laugh after he said it. Then I decide to wait out in the waiting room and see this woman come down from upstairs and go into the tattoo room I hear "Trace" kiss her and tell her to have a good day then tell my friend that was his wife leaving for work. About 20 minutes later this younger lady walks into the shop and goes into the tattoo room so "Trace" talks to her and kisses her as well. Then he says to my friend "That's my girlfriend, excuse me a minute." So "Trace" comes out and asks me "Hey, dude, my girl here needs a ride home can you give her one?" Looking at his big bowie knife and seeing that my friend's tat was half done I said I would. So the girlfriend smiles and gives me really strange look. I took her to her apartment a few blocks away and she wanted to make small talk in the car but I said I had to get back to pick up my friend. Yikes! I can't even mention here what he had playing on the TV in the waiting room. Boy was I glad to get out of there after my friend got his tattoo done. My parents made me take off my shirt when I got home to make sure I didn't get one because I'd just turned 18. I have nothing against tattoos (hey I like Shawn so I have to like tattoos
1f604.png
), I was just never comfortable putting something on my skin that I might not like when I'm 30, 40, 50 or older.

Never thought about a tattoo really. I took a friend to get one in high school and the experience was pretty.....ah....um interesting. The tattoo artist looked like Trace Adkins and had a huge bowie knife in the small of his back. My best friend goes in there and I went with him. I asked him what the knife was for and he said "If you don't pay I cut the tattoo off." I thought that was actually pretty funny because this dude was serious, there was no "Ha, I'm just kidding...." and I certainly didn't laugh after he said it. Then I decide to wait out in the waiting room and see this woman come down from upstairs and go into the tattoo room I hear "Trace" kiss her and tell her to have a good day then tell my friend that was his wife leaving for work. About 20 minutes later this younger lady walks into the shop and goes into the tattoo room so "Trace" talks to her and kisses her as well. Then he says to my friend "That's my girlfriend, excuse me a minute." So "Trace" comes out and asks me "Hey, dude, my girl here needs a ride home can you give her one?" Looking at his big bowie knife and seeing that my friend's tat was half done I said I would. So the girlfriend smiles and gives me really strange look. I took her to her apartment a few blocks away and she wanted to make small talk in the car but I said I had to get back to pick up my friend. Yikes! I can't even mention here what he had playing on the TV in the waiting room. Boy was I glad to get out of there after my friend got his tattoo done. My parents made me take off my shirt when I got home to make sure I didn't get one because I'd just turned 18. I have nothing against tattoos (hey I like Shawn so I have to like tattoos
1f604.png
), I was just never comfortable putting something on my skin that I might not like when I'm 30, 40, 50 or older.

See but what a found memery and great story to share. Love it. Well Told.

1f604.png

??? That is a funny story! I used to hang in a parlor that had guys that would make jokes like that, but it was always clear that it was a joke!

Lol, quite the experience indeed! Seems like over here more artsy tattoo parlors are on the rise I think in larger cities, but it seems like it’s been pretty hard for them to completely get rid of the stereotypical seedy atmosphere.

Lol, quite the experience indeed! Seems like over here more artsy tattoo parlors are on the rise I think in larger cities, but it seems like it’s been pretty hard for them to completely get rid of the stereotypical seedy atmosphere.

There are way more artsy type places than not, but you’re right, the seedy joints are still lurking! Lol.

My tattoo shop isn't artsy or seedy..... it's pretty much right in the middle, which is where a tattoo shop should be.

My guy’s place doubles as an art gallery. Once a month he closes the shop for an evening to put on artist exclusives. It’s pretty cool.

My guy’s place doubles as an art gallery. Once a month he closes the shop for an evening to put on artist exclusives. It’s pretty cool.
Faaancy, there's a place to get a tat. Given the guy has a good portfolio.

Just a poor choice when she was 18. Her and two camp friends went out and got the same one.. The thig is I don't even know what is supposed to be. Also kind of blurred and warnned now. Her friend covered hers up and got something very cool.
Hinted she should do the same.. Oh very discretely suggested though.

Back