The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving Stuff in Iceland

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Based on my prior research, I did not find any traditional shaving items that were being produced in Iceland. I found the Viking brand, but it's not made here. I think it's made in the US....

Anyway, I was not hopeful that I would find much of anything locally. But I intend to use this thread, to document anything I do find, and also ask for any assistance, if anyone out there has any leads or knows of something I should look for.

So, most of the grocery stores or pharmacies I go into, don't really have anything noteworthy. Just your typical modern razors and canned creams. Maybe some Adidas or Nivea branded post shaves. That's about it.

I went into a Hagkaup, which it kind of like a small Walmart or small super Target. They had a boar brush, that worked out to be about $29....
IMG_9040.jpeg

And they also had a Gillette DE, which worked out to be around $47 (costs 20-25 in the US).....

IMG_9041.jpeg

Keep in mind that everything in Iceland is #%*$@& expensive. I don’t know how people who live here can afford it. VAT tax is 24% and reduced for food, hotels and some other things down to 11%, but that’s on top of already high sticker prices.

So, I was shocked, to actually find a good deal on something here. At a small grocery store called Krónan, they had Nivea shave cream for around 340 ISK (Icelandic Krona) which works out to be about $2.50. I think that’s a bargain in the US, as it would be between $5-10 there. I’m sure it’s still more expensive than if it was purchased in Germany or EU, but I’m calling that a win!
IMG_9521.jpeg

Any of the Nivea 2 in 1 the Daves and you others are always talking about ?? Maybe you could get some for cheaper if they do....

Spider........smelling great where ever he goes.

I think to get more action in this tread, KJ should take the other meaning of "Shaving Stuff in Iceland" and actually, you know, shave stuff in Iceland. I would think you could get enough Air Force guys drunk to talk them into holding down a sheep to give the ole BBS to.

I would think you could get enough Air Force guys drunk to talk them into holding down a sheep to give the ole BBS to.
Or maybe get enough sheep drunk to talk them into holding down an air force guy to give the ole BBS to.

Back