The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaving odyssey notables Dan878

Not sure quite where to post this but had to say I had a really nice shave using Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Somali Rose.
The shave soap is very luxurious with the post shave feel just out of this world. I was very impressed with the performance, nice thick creamy lather.
A big thank you to you Josh (Dagwoodz) for your reviews, you are a big influence for me in seeking this one out - totally agree about the post shave!
Thank you Lisa for the little extra touches in the parcel sent out ??

Change the Title to a name for you (Like Great Shaves by Dan878) and you just had your 1st Journal entry and a place to add more shaves we can read about. Welcome to the journals Dan ? You can pop on and read some others to see how some set it up and what you can do.

A journal is a great place for random brain droppings and notables. You can choose to build your journal in anyway you like, many use it as a daily (or semi-regular) log of gear and experience. Some journals (usually ones with regular postings) become a place where banter abounds and extraneous topics are discussed. You don't have to include photos but many gents find it enjoyable to stage and photograph a daily SOTD photo.

Lisa makes a great soap base! Welcome to the journals Dan. Good first entry!

Nicely done Dan and yep Lisa's has a hard core following of most of us. I enjoy the Doc Holiday, Haute Leather and Smoked Black Tea

Awesome stuff Dan! Glad I was able to turn you on to Lisa's soap...she makes a great soap that is absolutely the best moisturizing soap on the market in my experience. Like Chris said, the journal section is something that you can make your own....a daily log of shaves, thoughts on software/hardware/shave quality...or just life. Welcome to the journals!

Thanks guys, thank you all for your comments, help and support ?
The cadre truly is a great place to get involved ?

Thanks guys, thank you all for your comments, help and support
1f44d.png

The cadre truly is a great place to get involved
1f60a.png

I am liking this thread already! Excellent first post for you Journal and I look forward to learning more about the way you shave and more about you! Wait...I hope that didn't come out all creepy...
1f610.png

This was my set-up minus brush (forgot to feature it )
Soap - LNHC Somali Rose (so good!)
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Bolzano superinox 3rd use (Ruds recommendation)
These can be quite harsh on first use but mellow down nicely
Brush - Kent Bk4 - not too much backbone to this one, plenty of loft. I got lucky in a raffle and landed a Simpson's classic 2 best badger. More backbone and probably my favourite now
Post-shave - Thayers cucumber and Lisa's post-shave elixir (not really needed but pure luxury )
Thanks
Dan

Nice SOTD Dan. I had the Somali Rose. Loved the scent but had a reaction so passed it along.

Hi, was that with the new formulation? I think i rate this soap right up there - i have wholly kaw, B&M's Excelsior and Declaration grooming's Icarus. It's early i'll grant and i need to use it some more but i'm a fan ??

The Somali Rose I had was the old premium formula. The 3 I have now are all the nee formulation. It's elite soap

Really looking forward to trying a few others. Thanks for the comments ?? some excitement building for the anniversary TSC brush too ?

Welcome to the journals. Enjoying the read so far.

SOTD
Pre-shave - hot shower
Soap - B&M's Leviathan
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Feather brand new
Brush - Stirling Co synthetic 2 band tuxedo 24mm x 56mm
Post - B&M's Leviathan post shave splash
Thayers cucumber with Myrsol Emulsion
Feather's always seem to bite me, plenty of weepers on this shave, probably a technique issue ??.
I bought the brush on the BST, it caught my eye as it has a greater loft than my other tuxedo...it has good splay and is very soft. Myrsol is listed as a pre-shave but i use it as a post shave - works a treat!

Back