The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave of the Day: 9 - 15 July 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Celestino to ride the video wave! “Secrets of Outdoor Shaving Photography”!

SOTD - Saturday, 14 July, 2018

Abbate Y La Mantia Don Jose | Friodur 472 6/8"

Stirling 24mm 2-band Finest | Nivea Sensitive with cooling | WSP Matterhorn EdP

I went way out of my comfort zone last night. Used a cream AND a synthetic brush. Reminded me of why I don't like synthetics and that there is something in that creme that causes a little discomfort.

I went way out of my comfort zone last night. Used a cream AND a synthetic brush. Reminded me of why I don't like synthetics and that there is something in that creme that causes a little discomfort.

Sorry to hear that Shawn...some synthetic brushes are really good...but if you are a natural bristle sort of guy...then that's what you like. Yeah...I'm definitely not a cream guy either. Sometimes I will make an exception. But sorry to hear that the Captain's Choice cream doesn't agree with you.

Sorry to hear that Shawn...some synthetic brushes are really good...but if you are a natural bristle sort of guy...then that's what you like. Yeah...I'm definitely not a cream guy either. Sometimes I will make an exception. But sorry to hear that the Captain's Choice cream doesn't agree with you.

I guess the Muhle is supposed to be on the top end of the synths, but I just get too "springy" of a feel from it when trying to work a lather and I think the water retention or actually lack of makes it harder to dial things in and makes more of a mess with a thirsty soap. If I bowl lathered with it I would probably enjoy it more, but I've been face lathering out of laziness for some time now.

And I think it's just something in the fragrance. It isn't terrible if I do a quick shave, but I wouldn't want to leave it on for any amount of time. The rest of his products are great. I use some of the soaps occasionally and AS almost exclusively. Just that one scent gets me for some reason.

Boo! I may have to remedy that! ?

Taking outdoor photos isn't as difficult as you may think. With very minor editing and a decent camera, you can get some very nice photos.
Try experimenting and you'll see that you don't need any videos to help you out. ?

SOTD - Sunday, 15 July, 2018

Eufros Jabonman Fougere | Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple JMP 8/8"

TSC Legacy Brush 25mm Quartermoon by Smattayu | Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet AS | Penhaligon's English Fern

Lovely photo, Craig.
1f44d.png
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back