The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave of the Day: 05/29/2018 - 06/03/2018

Great photo Celestino...how do you like the Karve razor? It's been getting great reviews just about everywhere that I've seen.

Thanks, Josh.
I am trying out plates E & F as I just received them. It is an extremely well-made razor, especially, for the price.
Very efficient with not much blade feel which makes it quite smooth and the handle is superb; one of the best handles I have seen.
I would highly recommend it, but you have to find the base plate that works for you. However, seeing as each base-plate is only $30 CDN, it won't be that expensive to experiment.

SOTD - Friday, 1 June, 2018

Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse | C.V. Heljestrand Mk*31

Brad Sears 30mm 3-band Manchurian | Penhaligons Endymion and Endymion Concentre

Tonight was my Dandy Shaving DE razor with a Personna blue blade, AOS old tallow formula sandalwood, refurbished Rubberset 400 with a Whipped Dog boar knot, and Captain's Choice sandalwood AS.

Tonight was my Dandy Shaving DE razor with a Personna blue blade, AOS old tallow formula sandalwood, refurbished Rubberset 400 with a Whipped Dog boar knot, and Captain's Choice sandalwood AS.

Love that AoS NOS Sandalwood soap! I have a couple of thise pucks myself. It will be sad when it's gone.

Love that AoS NOS Sandalwood soap! I have a couple of thise pucks myself. It will be sad when it's gone.

I found a deal and grabbed 4 of them. The one in the photo is actually unopened. There is a pyrex dish propping it up with the one I used for the shave. Good thing about that stuff though is it's a very hard soap. 4 pucks should last me a very long time.

6/3/18.

Traditional straight shave # 2

Dixie Manufacturing razor
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
SV Felce Aromatica and Pens English Fern

Back