The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave Den's 2020 - Show us Yours

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
This has been an active topic on and off for awhile now, and time for a resurrection and update.
  • Have you updated your den?( built on, reduced, have a new one)
  • Have you reorganized?
  • Have you minimalized ( HAHAHAH yeah right!)
anyway show us your updated via photos or video. Is it a shave Den? A shave Closet? Does it leak into other parts of the house? ( @Spider ) or are you lucky enough to have your own space to call your den?

Mine, most of you have seen, but did some winter cleaning and reorganizing tonight, as well as rotating some items to under the sink. Any way I am lucky enough to have "appropriated" one of our two guest bathrooms and made it my den, it is the smaller of the two.... ( I lost that battle), so for those that know it it has been "re-org'd" and for those seeing it for the 1st time, here is my shave "Closet" LOL , or BarberDave's BarberShop at home. Lets see yours!

PUVCB14.jpg

udDO7iZ.jpg

I would love to be able to have the room you do Dave! I just got kicked out of the bathroom I was in (mostly) to make room for baby stuff. I ended up taking all of my stuff out of the linen closet and had to consolidate on a shelf in my clothes closet!

Wow @BarberDave , that's quite the den. I absolutely don't want to follow that, but reluctantly I'll post mine... Prepare to be UNDERWHELMED. [emoji849]

I am relegated to the antiquated 1/2 bath off the master bedroom. It's basically a closet with delusions of grandeur. I'm not positive, but based on the decor (we haven't renovated this room) I think it was built in 1940, about a decade before the house. Lol. Still, with the help of some wireframe shelves, a storage bin, and some craftiness, I'm able to store everything I need. [emoji16]

I'm a avid adversary of clutter, so while the small space isn't typically ideal, it keeps my hobby on check... Somewhat. [emoji2957]

My brushes, aftershave, and razors are all in the medicine cabinet (I think this thing is older than my parents, lol). Soaps, blades, talc, and spares are all on the shelves.

There's also a three drawer plastic box under the sink for: travel razors(Gillette Guard), travel brush, etc; razor cleaning/polishing supplies; and extra soap containers.

Finally, a lot of you may know this antique sink setup has a soap dish and toothbrush stand as standard equipment. Since I like the toothbrush stand to hold my brush during the shave, I added an extra soap dish above them for my Pre-shave bar. You'll see hanging below it I have my (travel sized) styptic. All easy access, readily available.
6715efe57e03896a449b91ec96bed1c9.jpg
bcafd3bee553f7f18e4ce62051d8e8f7.jpg
147d9011987830ff17e978ea18c9266a.jpg
4633708300100fec1a703a5c859f35d1.jpg

This has been an active topic on and off for awhile now, and time for a resurrection and update.
  • Have you updated your den?( built on, reduced, have a new one)
  • Have you reorganized?
  • Have you minimalized ( HAHAHAH yeah right!)
anyway show us your updated via photos or video. Is it a shave Den? A shave Closet? Does it leak into other parts of the house? ( @Spider ) or are you lucky enough to have your own space to call your den?

Mine, most of you have seen, but did some winter cleaning and reorganizing tonight, as well as rotating some items to under the sink. Any way I am lucky enough to have "appropriated" one of our two guest bathrooms and made it my den, it is the smaller of the two.... ( I lost that battle), so for those that know it it has been "re-org'd" and for those seeing it for the 1st time, here is my shave "Closet" LOL , or BarberDave's BarberShop at home. Lets see yours!

PUVCB14.jpg

udDO7iZ.jpg

Brah....Really??

You post this thread and then proceed to "John Holmes" everyone with your "highly endowed" Shave Den and expect the rest of us to post our inadequacies??? :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
It's not a competition. Beginner Den or Shave Museum..... makes no difference. We just want to see your dens!

I'm going to have to do some major cleaning before I can take pics of mine. 😬😳😱

It's not a competition. Beginner Den or Shave Museum..... makes no difference. We just want to see your dens!

Yes, it's about time some dusting took place in a Hall of Aftershaves and no doubt other annexed locations 😜

Mine hasn’t really changed. Just not the space for it...and the missus’ things ever encroach lol.
Wow @BarberDave , that's quite the den. I absolutely don't want to follow that, but reluctantly I'll post mine... Prepare to be UNDERWHELMED. [emoji849]

I am relegated to the antiquated 1/2 bath off the master bedroom. It's basically a closet with delusions of grandeur. I'm not positive, but based on the decor (we haven't renovated this room) I think it was built in 1940, about a decade before the house. Lol. Still, with the help of some wireframe shelves, a storage bin, and some craftiness, I'm able to store everything I need. [emoji16]

I'm a avid adversary of clutter, so while the small space isn't typically ideal, it keeps my hobby on check... Somewhat. [emoji2957]

My brushes, aftershave, and razors are all in the medicine cabinet (I think this thing is older than my parents, lol). Soaps, blades, talc, and spares are all on the shelves.

There's also a three drawer plastic box under the sink for: travel razors(Gillette Guard), travel brush, etc; razor cleaning/polishing supplies; and extra soap containers.

Finally, a lot of you may know this antique sink setup has a soap dish and toothbrush stand as standard equipment. Since I like the toothbrush stand to hold my brush during the shave, I added an extra soap dish above them for my Pre-shave bar. You'll see hanging below it I have my (travel sized) styptic. All easy access, readily available.
Love the sink area! I’d kill for some counter space in the bathroom. Right now we just have a small mirror and the pedestal sink barely has the space for a hand soap bottle. All my shave gear for any given morning sits on top of the toilet while I do my business, then gets whisked away back to its spot in the bedroom when done.

Mine hasn’t really changed. Just not the space for it...and the missus’ things ever encroach lol.

Love the sink area! I’d kill for some counter space in the bathroom. Right now we just have a small mirror and the pedestal sink barely has the space for a hand soap bottle. All my shave gear for any given morning sits on top of the toilet while I do my business, then gets whisked away back to its spot in the bedroom when done.

Yikes. I feel for you. The counter is definitely small, but it work well enough.

Might be time to switch out the pedestal sink? Though, based on your description, that'll just give the wife more space. ☹️

I would love to be able to have the room you do Dave! I just got kicked out of the bathroom I was in (mostly) to make room for baby stuff. I ended up taking all of my stuff out of the linen closet and had to consolidate on a shelf in my clothes closet!

The Baby Clause is understandable, but look at the bright side, you will know have progeny to pass the hobby to, thus getting more "Stuff" to purchase down the road.... It is a win!

I started as a minimalist and like you the area is very small, but with efficient cabinetry it will make easy transference to Mars, since I have enough to last until the dying days of Earth.... Hmm I wonder if Elon Musk and SpaceX will let me barter for passage with Shave goods, LOL

EXACTLY, what KJ mention, although it must be disclosed that KJ's Den has it's own Zip Code and Flag.....:ROFLMAO:

Hey Gear, here's a thought... If you have a "TV dinner tray" you could bring in, or an extra to just leave folded in a corner of the bathroom, then you could have some makeshift space at will? Those should be roughly sink height, too... I think (never tried to eat a TV dinner in the bathroom, lol).

Attachments

• white-lavish-home-end-tables-hw0200185-4f_1000.jpg
    white-lavish-home-end-tables-hw0200185-4f_1000.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
Hey Gear, here's a thought... If you have a "TV dinner tray" you could bring in, or an extra to just leave folded in a corner of the bathroom, then you could have some makeshift space at will? Those should be roughly sink height, too... I think (never tried to eat a TV dinner in the bathroom, lol).
It’s not a bad idea. The main issue is just space. Our bathroom is just a handful of sq ft larger than two regular sized shower tubs lol. Hence the uber pedestal, pedestal sink. 😂

Who are you kidding? According to Sharon that word isn't in your vocabulary. I believe she said you go head first into every rabbit hole. Need we talk about the watches?
WAtches is what started it all.... Well no Motorcycles, well no Cars, uhh no dragons... aww the Heck with it, LOL

HAHA Can you say Wild Goose Chase. Keep trying

Last edited:
There are 6 months of acquisitions since this, but here it is in general.

Nice setup Dave! Well organized and plenty spacious for what you are working with. Even with 6 months more of acquisition, I'd imagine you're still on the + side of space. [emoji106]

If mine had a shower in the same room, I'd be looking for an alternate location for the soaps. Did that weigh in on your decision?

Also, what about the blades? Talc? They have a home somewhere?

Back