The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SE and injector Razor of the Day

Just too good this combination!
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 14th Use...
Another awesome shave with razor paired with the well-used blade. Still silky smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues.
20210421_213401.jpg

4.23.2021: Shavemac brush, Dolomiti soap, Proraso splash, Vector w/ Proline blade.

Changed handle from standard Blackland to knurled Timeless handle between pass 2/3. Dolomiti was very slippery today! YMMV

sotd.jpg

Just too good this combination!
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 14th Use...
Another awesome shave with razor paired with the well-used blade. Still silky smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues.
View attachment 51221
I looked for one of those razors but they are out of stock everywhere I checked....

I looked for one of those razors but they are out of stock everywhere I checked....
Hey, thanks for your comment. Yeah, it is very difficult to get it. Somehow Yaqi mysteriously only releases a few units (2-3 only) every 1-2 weeks. You have to constantly check their website. A few was released last week and a member in another forum managed to grab the heavier brass. Best of luck ya.

Wilkinson Bonded System. This was my first use of it, and it did not disappoint. It easily gave me a BBS shave. My only problem with it, after getting used to its angle, was its very light weight, which gave me an urge to apply pressure. That resulted in one nick. I'll use it again tomorrow.
RNWzT6C.jpg

Micromatic Monday 26 SOTD
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 6th
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth, comfortable, and good enough dfs-ccs result in 3passes without any issues.
20210425_201052.jpg

Razor Yaqi AC on RR BarberPole Handle (with an o-ring washer)
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (US) 3rd
Tried using the AC razor with the RazoRock Stainless Handle and tightened further with an o-ring washer and paired with the blade was so much better. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish.

20210501_203420.jpg

Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 7th
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable in general except for the atg pass on the upper lips. Still managed 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Further cooling from the aftershaves was awesome.

20210502_211014.jpg

Back