The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Schick injector types

Shavin’ Yeti

Sr. Shave Member
I have a type G injector that I have used a few times, but haven’t been impressed with the shave results. I have it in my head that a newer injector like a type L or type M might give me a better shave experience. Is there a noticeable difference in shave quality, aggression, blade feel between the G, L, & M injectors?
I am currently watching a type M on eBay that is in excellent shape from @Techichi ’s eBay store.

Yes, there is a notable difference between the earlier and later models of the Schick. For me, I think the M is one of the best.

Out of the injectors I’ve tried, the Schick M tops the list of ones I like most. It’s adjustable of course but it fairly mild at all settings. Still, it’s pretty dang efficient; I have no problems getting a BBS.

My next favorite is the L, which is like the M at setting 4, with a tad more aggression.

I will check them out. How do they compare with vintage Schick razors?
I had a Supply v2 with all three adjustment plates and tried but just could not get along with it. It always felt a tad harsh and I consistently got nicks from it. It was more comparable to a vintage PAL than a Schick. That said, there are plenty for whom the Supply works great. The Schicks are much smoother and intuitive. IMO.

I will check them out. How do they compare with vintage Schick razors?
I had a Supply v2 with all three adjustment plates and tried but just could not get along with it. It always felt a tad harsh and I consistently got nicks from it. It was more comparable to a vintage PAL than a Schick. That said, there are plenty for whom the Supply works great. The Schicks are much smoother and intuitive. IMO.
I really like my v2. I think it is a great shaver. It is fairly mild. I think it compares favorably to the M-Type or the PAL Adjustable.

I find my G to be too light for my liking, but it makes an outstanding cleanup razor for those tough neck areas after a straight razor shave.

What do you not like about the G?

I had a Supply but ended up returning since it was too mild even with the 3-dot plate. Had to work too much to get a BBS shave.

I had a Supply but ended up returning since it was too mild even with the 3-dot plate. Had to work too much to get a BBS shave.
Go for an E then. The earlier the letter, the older and (generally) more aggressive. Although being an injector, I should say "less mild" rather than "more aggressive."

Welcome @shavesymptomatic ! Feel free to post up an introductory thread in the Newbie/Welcome section if you get a chance!

Supply too mild?! 😵 I didn’t get along well with mine either, but I felt it was far too aggressive and couldn’t get a comfortable shave from it!

I just like a heavier razor. Its not that I dislike it so much as it throws me off when I am used to a razor having weight behind it. I will say I have been using it more regularly the past week and it is growing on me. It is also a very cool looking razor.

Back