The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sauvage Elixir is STRONG

HMan

Doften Savant
I make the occasional Sauvage joke, in large part because my neighbor, who's a really great guy, wears it.
I can always tell when he's been in or out when I'm leaving the house because it leaves such a strong, long lasting trail, that I smell it in the stairwell.

Today however is a first. I'm walking though the hallway in our flat and smell it, strongly! Maybe he's going nose blind and really starting to douse himself.

It's fine with me, it's a true classic masculine scent, I kind of like it, but don't think I need to get a bottle, just run behind my neighbor when he leaves the house.

I’ve have Elixir and the EDT and both are very long lasting and have excellent projection…so I don’t think it would be too far to say the EDP and Parfum are the same, thus the whole line is solid in that regard.

Iconic modern blue frag next to BDC. People in the frag forums say they smell it all the time on others (usually the macho sleazy frat/party type apparently, hence at least the EDT has many detractors) but honestly I don’t think I’ve smelled it that often in public.

I’ve have Elixir and the EDT and both are very long lasting and have excellent projection…so I don’t think it would be too far to say the EDP and Parfum are the same, thus the whole line is solid in that regard.

Iconic modern blue frag next to BDC. People in the frag forums say they smell it all the time on others (usually the macho sleazy frat/party type apparently, hence at least the EDT has many detractors) but honestly I don’t think I’ve smelled it that often in public.
In this case I know because I've asked him, politely, about it. We talk to each other all the time in passing. He was very clear on it being Elixir.

I do actually like the scent, though I'd call it loud, it's fun to wear that sort of thing too. Don't take me wrong, but I get the associations you mention, though this guy isn't like that at all, which makes it all the more endearing to me.

Sounds like you have a frag buddy! Have you let him sniff your niche frags yet?

For people's wanting to try the scent but without the price there is a dupe at lidl...

LIDL G Bellini Homme​

2nqzzfrfyxy61.jpg
It's only about 10 USD.. so it's not a big buy.. I got 2 bottles of the G. Bellini Homme.. I get the scent without the pricetag !!

Back