The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sauvage Dupes

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
So which dupes of Dior Sauvage do you guys recommend ?? I have not smelled or tried the original before but am planning on going into a frag shop to smell it .. I have to say I like to have some stuff in dupes also because its more economical for daily wear to use the Dupes than it is to use the authentic stuff...

Thank you for any input about this ... I appreciate it a lot !!

Dossier Perfumes has one called Aromatic Star Anise. There is also Ajmal Kuro. There is also Afnan Modest Une.

Honestly though, I would get the actual stuff. I have both the Dossier clone and the actual EdT. The actual stuff smells much better. Also the performance of the actual stuff is nuclear, so a little goes a long way. A bottle of the original will last you a long time.

Dossier Perfumes has one called Aromatic Star Anise. There is also Ajmal Kuro. There is also Afnan Modest Une.

Honestly though, I would get the actual stuff. I have both the Dossier clone and the actual EdT. The actual stuff smells much better. Also the performance of the actual stuff is nuclear, so a little goes a long way. A bottle of the original will last you a long time.
Thank you. I am planning on having some of the original but I want a dupe also to wear as just a knock around scent when the real stuff isn't necessary if that makes sense....

I agree about getting the real stuff.

If cost is a factor, you can usually find reputable folks that decant smaller amounts into a nice spray bottle for you for a smaller cost than a full bottle. Or sometimes people sell bottles than are half full or less. Sauvage is super popular, so you could probably find someone easily.

Few dupes are worth it IMO because they usually are one dimensional (no depth/layers to the scent), they usually have terrible performance, and once you buy one you’re usually stuck with it because people don’t usually buy dupes second hand.

I agree about getting the real stuff.

If cost is a factor, you can usually find reputable folks that decant smaller amounts into a nice spray bottle for you for a smaller cost than a full bottle. Or sometimes people sell bottles than are half full or less. Sauvage is super popular, so you could probably find someone easily.

Few dupes are worth it IMO because they usually are one dimensional (no depth/layers to the scent), they usually have terrible performance, and once you buy one you’re usually stuck with it because people don’t usually buy dupes second hand.
Thank you for the reply.. I appreciate it , A lot..

Here is a list of popular colognes and their artisan soap maker dupes/homages……some of the soap makers also make EdTs.

Too bad you weren’t looking around Christmas time - Stirling had a version called Scarn (after The Office character) and they had an EdT - but that is all sold out.

Our Very Own Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations has a homage called Dark Warrior that is worth checking out as well.

Here is a list of popular colognes and their artisan soap maker dupes/homages……some of the soap makers also make EdTs.

Too bad you weren’t looking around Christmas time - Stirling had a version called Scarn (after The Office character) and they had an EdT - but that is all sold out.

Our Very Own Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations has a homage called Dark Warrior that is worth checking out as well.
Thank you for the reply.. I appreciate it , A lot..

Back