The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio Varesino Soaps, Aftershaves and EDPs - A Review Thread

Gents,
Happy Good Friday!

I just received the Desert Vetiver and noticed that both are marked to suggest you should discard 12 months after opening.
Is this really true?

I plan to scrape a large portion of the soap into an empty tub and put the puck away for later.
I rotate through a lot of stuff and I want to keep soaps dry whenever possible.

What about the aftershave?
I don't see myself getting through a bottle in 12 months.

Thanks!

Gents,
Happy Good Friday!

I just received the Desert Vetiver and noticed that both are marked to suggest you should discard 12 months after opening.
Is this really true?

I plan to scrape a large portion of the soap into an empty tub and put the puck away for later.
I rotate through a lot of stuff and I want to keep soaps dry whenever possible.

What about the aftershave?
I don't see myself getting through a bottle in 12 months.

Thanks!
It should be fine, there are members here who have had those soap and aftershaves for years. I think the only one that gave people trouble was the 70th anniversary, where the liquid eventually gelled up, but If I remember correctly SV replaced those bottle. @BarberDave & @Antonio P Thoughts on SV longevity?

I’ve had most of my stuff for north of five years now and I never had the 70th gel up as well, so there’s no problem with that , Nor have I any spoilage problems

Thanks so much for the info.
I know those labels are usually very conservative.
Is the gel up issues the sign of spoilage for these aftershaves?
Anything else to watch for? (aside from it smelling wrong)

Thanks so much for the info.
I know those labels are usually very conservative.
Is the gel up issues the sign of spoilage for these aftershaves?
Anything else to watch for? (aside from it smelling wrong)
The Jelep issue was a very small percentage of the 70th anniversary aftershave and it was just a manufacturing issue and they fixed it immediately and that’s the only one that ever occurred with SV. Nothing to worry about just use and enjoy

The Jelep issue was a very small percentage of the 70th anniversary aftershave and it was just a manufacturing issue and they fixed it immediately and that’s the only one that ever occurred with SV. Nothing to worry about just use and enjoy
I appreciate the info.
I am looking forward to it.
Have been thinning out some hardware to pickup some new software - including this one!

:)

For AS and any fragrance really…a lot has to do with how it’s stored. If it’s kept in a nice, room temp area out of direct sunlight or even a cooler spot, it’ll keep for ages. If it’s in a super warm/hot, humid area with direct sunlight, no bueno.

Hi Tom,

I am mortified! I went to talk to my people to find out what happened and the Intern that was helping us put the staff in the mail and stamped as regular mail.....I have no words.,,, even for a simple mailing they need babysitting, at least he didn't put it in trash can on the street thinking that it was a mailbox.😤
At this point please USPS to return to sender and I will personally mail it myself today WITH THE CORRECT POSTAGE :)
Thank you
Hi Antonio,

Can you confirm the address you mailed the samples to?
I have not received them.

I did receive the order I placed very quickly through the SV website and that was placed days after you mailed the samples.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Antonio,

Can you confirm the address you mailed the samples to?
I have not received them.

I did receive the order I placed very quickly through the SV website and that was placed days after you mailed the samples.

Thanks,
Tom
@Labrecque24

Tom
This thread is for reviews. I’m the future for communication with vendors either use his store listed above, or pm him dorectly

Thank you

Has anyone tried the new Argania soap and A/S? If so, what are your thoughts?
I have heard that it is similar to Morado but the scent is a bit less intense. I currently have the 70th and Opuntia. I would like to try the Morado and the Argania but there are no samples.

Back