The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio Varesino Comparison 2020

No its New SV now has a US Distributor. I would imagine that will be the main purchasing portal for us. I think they are transitioning to that business model

SV only offers a box of Aftershave samples for all their scents.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
This look very interesting to me great think for 11 bucks!! But oh oh shipping was 15 bucks??
I have to say they make some very nice aftershave.
I just have to pass on that high of price for shipping.
UPDATE I just added another bottle of after shave and shipping was 30 bucks?? Seriously is this a joke? It is suppose to be a USA store? I know they offer free shipping for over 75 bucks BUT!!

@BarberDave are all these soaps made with the same ingredients more or less? I know SV isn't a tallow based soap, but didn't know if some contain ingredients others don't have. Also...are these different formulations? Would you be able to tell us which soaps are made with newer formulations?
Sorry Don, @BarberDave is ignoring you....

70th Anniversary (Beta 4.1) - made with added illipe butter to combat skin dryness and Macadamia oil to moisturise. The fragrance is a fresh cologne, aquatic, floral and aromatic, with woody base note and amber.

Cosmo (Beta 4.2) - with larch extract (Genus Larix) to helps those prone to skin dryness. Also added is a vegetable compound based on castor oil that lubricates and helps the razor mechanical action.

Cubebe (Beta 4.3) – a Special Edition shaving soap inspired by the fragrance 'Pepe di Giava' (Piper Cubeba) with added Monoi de Tahiti. Cubebe scent is a citrusy balsamic top note of bergamot, lemon and white fir – middle floral notes with spicy hints and a woody, musky, amber and patchouli background.

Desert Vetiver (Beta 4.3) – special edition soap scented with Desert Date oil for a moisturising and firming effect. The flowery, peppery, spicy heart is a blend of Elemi, Incense, Orange and Artemisia. Black Pepper, Juniper Berries, Oregano and Lavandin give an elegant woody background alongside Vetiver, Cloves and notes of Amber.

Dolomiti (Beta 4.0) - made with a particular dark silt that has some pronounced mechanical properties and a higher load of mineral sediments.

Felce Aromatica/Aromatic Fern (Beta 4.3) - made using extract of Male Fern(Dryopteris filix-mas Root Extract) to balance the skin. The Fern Aromatic fragrance, also known as an italian fougere, blends with the aromas of natural additives to create a fresh and intense note.

Manna di Sicilia (Beta 4.3) - contains Manna sap extracted by making incisions in the trunks of Sicilian Ash trees. Top notes are orange, bergamot, sage - middle notes rose, cloves and base notes of cedar wood & sweet patchouly.

Mirto di Sardegna (Beta 4.3) - with Myrtus Communis Leaf oil (Essential Oil of Myrtle) for toning and purifying your skin. The scent is made up of: Top: lemon, lie, lavender / Middle: myrtle, tea, amber / Base: sandalwood, white moss, vetiver.

Opuntia (Beta 4.3) - includesthe ingredient Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Extract) to protect and moisturise the skin. Scentnotes:top is bergamot, blackcurrant and pineapple, heart of birch, roseand jasmine with a base of white moss, oak moss, patchouli and vetiver.

Stella Alpina (Beta 4.2) - with a fantastic post-shave feel thanks to the addition of Edelweiss Extract and Hazelnut Oil. Fragrance notes: Lemon, Bergamot and Basil followed by Myrtle and Eucalyptus, beautifully topped off by Cypress and Amber.

Tundra Artica (Beta 4.1) - the name is derived from the Arctic Tundra where the vegetable additives Icelandic Lichen & Cranberry in this soap can be found. Scent has top notes of Agar Wood (OUD), Cedar, Tangerine, with a Damascan Rose, Patchouli body with Amber, Sandalwood & leather base.

70th Anniversary (Beta 4.1) - made with added illipe butter to combat skin dryness and Macadamia oil to moisturise. The fragrance is a fresh cologne, aquatic, floral and aromatic, with woody base note and amber.

Cosmo (Beta 4.2) - with larch extract (Genus Larix) to helps those prone to skin dryness. Also added is a vegetable compound based on castor oil that lubricates and helps the razor mechanical action.

Cubebe (Beta 4.3) – a Special Edition shaving soap inspired by the fragrance 'Pepe di Giava' (Piper Cubeba) with added Monoi de Tahiti. Cubebe scent is a citrusy balsamic top note of bergamot, lemon and white fir – middle floral notes with spicy hints and a woody, musky, amber and patchouli background.

Desert Vetiver (Beta 4.3) – special edition soap scented with Desert Date oil for a moisturising and firming effect. The flowery, peppery, spicy heart is a blend of Elemi, Incense, Orange and Artemisia. Black Pepper, Juniper Berries, Oregano and Lavandin give an elegant woody background alongside Vetiver, Cloves and notes of Amber.

Dolomiti (Beta 4.0) - made with a particular dark silt that has some pronounced mechanical properties and a higher load of mineral sediments.

Felce Aromatica/Aromatic Fern (Beta 4.3) - made using extract of Male Fern(Dryopteris filix-mas Root Extract) to balance the skin. The Fern Aromatic fragrance, also known as an italian fougere, blends with the aromas of natural additives to create a fresh and intense note.

Manna di Sicilia (Beta 4.3) - contains Manna sap extracted by making incisions in the trunks of Sicilian Ash trees. Top notes are orange, bergamot, sage - middle notes rose, cloves and base notes of cedar wood & sweet patchouly.

Mirto di Sardegna (Beta 4.3) - with Myrtus Communis Leaf oil (Essential Oil of Myrtle) for toning and purifying your skin. The scent is made up of: Top: lemon, lie, lavender / Middle: myrtle, tea, amber / Base: sandalwood, white moss, vetiver.

Opuntia (Beta 4.3) - includesthe ingredient Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Extract) to protect and moisturise the skin. Scentnotes:top is bergamot, blackcurrant and pineapple, heart of birch, roseand jasmine with a base of white moss, oak moss, patchouli and vetiver.

Stella Alpina (Beta 4.2) - with a fantastic post-shave feel thanks to the addition of Edelweiss Extract and Hazelnut Oil. Fragrance notes: Lemon, Bergamot and Basil followed by Myrtle and Eucalyptus, beautifully topped off by Cypress and Amber.

Tundra Artica (Beta 4.1) - the name is derived from the Arctic Tundra where the vegetable additives Icelandic Lichen & Cranberry in this soap can be found. Scent has top notes of Agar Wood (OUD), Cedar, Tangerine, with a Damascan Rose, Patchouli body with Amber, Sandalwood & leather base.
Thanks for posting this detailed description. I will be using it to narrow my decision for getting a SV set soon.

This look very interesting to me great think for 11 bucks!! But oh oh shipping was 15 bucks??
I have to say they make some very nice aftershave.
I just have to pass on that high of price for shipping.
UPDATE I just added another bottle of after shave and shipping was 30 bucks?? Seriously is this a joke? It is suppose to be a USA store? I know they offer free shipping for over 75 bucks BUT!!
Shipping alcohol based products is expensive to and from the US. Has been already for quite some years

I'm actually used to it! 🤪

Thanks KJ for the information! That was a lot of work I know and I really appreciate it! Some good info and yeah...I will be using that to make future decisions.

Ok i though it was shipping from the US.
Yeah but then it still needs to be shipped to the USA because it's produced in Italy as far as I know.
Maybe @Marco SV can elaborate also a bit on this

Maybe we can set up a small group buy for the people who want the After-shaves. I also live in Europe maybe i can ship it cheaper.

Shavedash.com might also be option to consider. But 15 bucks for shipping to the US is not that expensive in my opinion.

I once shipped a couple of Aftershaves from the USA to the Netherlands using FedEx and had to pay 100 bucks in total

Sorry Guys I was slammed at the Shop today, just got home and 1st time on the site today

Back