The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio varesino brush

Newbie​

I’m really loving my new SV brush..second use this morning,so it’s still breaking in..the pewter collar really adds a nice weight to it..With the brush came some samples of the aftershave balms,and I noticed that alcohol is one of the main ingredients in them.Do you find that they dry your skin out? I switched to aftershave balms

many years ago because the splashes are loaded with alcohol and they dried my mug out.. btw , I think the desert vetiver may nudge out 70 th anniversary as my new favorite.

hope all is well...expecting heavy snow here in the motor city tomorrow

John Marinelli

With the brush came some samples of the aftershave balms,and I noticed that alcohol is one of the main ingredients in them.Do you find that they dry your skin out? I switched to aftershave balms
I find the AS from SV to be fairly moisturizing as far as alcohol based splashes go but if you’re a balm guy you may have to apply anyway. I still have to put some on. All natural ingredients though and they smell great!

Not at all, they are fairly thick for a splash, and very moisturizing. Luckily you’ve got samples, so it’s easy to try for yourself!
Ok..I think I’ll try the desert vetiver first..what’s your favorite?

Attachments

• 7C5239EF-896E-4809-8AA8-144EDD7DC50A.jpeg
    7C5239EF-896E-4809-8AA8-144EDD7DC50A.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
I’ve had the brush for about a week now and I love it ..it’s the most expensive brush iv bought since I started wet shavingabout 20 years ago..Got the desert vetiver in the mail today, will be trying it out tomorrow morning

Attachments

• AACAA046-5620-4F73-B96D-C2AEF5E4A419.jpeg
    AACAA046-5620-4F73-B96D-C2AEF5E4A419.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 4
  • E0C0117A-849B-4192-92E7-4D8F21AB3B6D.jpeg
    E0C0117A-849B-4192-92E7-4D8F21AB3B6D.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 4
I’m not likely to sell any of mine but occasionally they do show up on the BST. Not to mention the occasional sale at SV, keep an eye on @Antonio P ’s forum pages you might catch the next sale. Maybe once you have met the requirements to be able to post in the BST you can post a WTB (want to buy) asking if anyone wants to sell an SV at a more attractive price.

I know it’s hard to imagine paying $250 or more for a brush but somehow I did it 4 times. I don’t regret it at all but I think it’s safe to say I only NEEDED one.

I kinda have a thing for the SV brushes.

For a long time I thought they were small.

1-4-23.WR2.1.35.CanadaSS.SV-Cocobolo.640.JPG

But, I found out they were a good bit larger than I expected.

Plus...

5-6-23.Athena.Mike's.SV.30.640.JPG

They occasionally offer limited editions which are even larger.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Back