The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio varesino brush

John Paul

Jr. Shave Member
With a last name like Marinelli, I’m Italian and very proud of my heritage..after wet shaving for about 15 years, I’m very Interested in buying a two band brush.. I priced out a shavemac 26 mm , and the SV is a little more.. I just startEd the SV journey with the 70 th anniversary,and it’s bliss..So my question is …do you guys think the SV IS with a little more money? It’s a beautiful brush, and I love the big handle.

With a last name like Marinelli, I’m Italian and very proud of my heritage..after wet shaving for about 15 years, I’m very Interested in buying a two band brush.. I priced out a shavemac 26 mm , and the SV is a little more.. I just startEd the SV journey with the 70 th anniversary,and it’s bliss..So my question is …do you guys think the SV IS with a little more money? It’s a beautiful brush, and I love the big handle.
I have an SV Ebony, SV Olive (unused) and 4 Shavemac 2 band fans (22, 2@24 and 26mm). The Shavemacs are wonderful brushes that I love using. The SV brush is that and then some. Comparable backbone and flow through but softer. I face lather most of the time and find the softness of the SV to be the game changer for me.

I can’t speak for the Shavemac’s but I CAN attest to the quality and performance of the SV brushes. Yes, they are bit pricey but I do not regret buying any of mine.

I have an SV Ebony, SV Olive (unused) and 4 Shavemac 2 band fans (22, 2@24 and 26mm). The Shavemacs are wonderful brushes that I love using. The SV brush is that and then some. Comparable backbone and flow through but softer. I face lather most of the time and find the softness of the SV to be the game changer for me.
Are you interested in selling the SV olive?

I can’t speak for the Shavemac’s but I CAN attest to the quality and performance of the SV brushes. Yes, they are bit pricey but I do not regret buying any of mine.
Are you interesTed in selling one of yours? The $260 price tag is a little too high for me

Are you interesTed in selling one of yours? The $260 price tag is a little too high for me
I’m not likely to sell any of mine but occasionally they do show up on the BST. Not to mention the occasional sale at SV, keep an eye on @Antonio P ’s forum pages you might catch the next sale. Maybe once you have met the requirements to be able to post in the BST you can post a WTB (want to buy) asking if anyone wants to sell an SV at a more attractive price.

I know it’s hard to imagine paying $250 or more for a brush but somehow I did it 4 times. I don’t regret it at all but I think it’s safe to say I only NEEDED one.

4 of them! I’m placing an order soon from SV USA.. I’m starting with the desert vetiver line. (Soap,as balm, and edt).

Ciao John !!
I am happy to give you some more info about the SV brushes.
I understand your concerns, however, I can tell you that in terms of quality and performance the SV brushes are on another level compared to most of the others and they really last forever.
Keep in mind that new all the brushes are custom made to order. Once you will order yours , we will have the artisan in taly prepare it and assembly according to your requests, making in almost one of a kind.

Send me a PM before you place the order and I will see how I can make you happy.:)

Ciao

Antonio

Saponificio Varesino.jpg

I’m sorry for not answering you, but I just saw this. I just can’t bring myself to sell it. These are wonderful brushes and I’m sure you will be very happy with one.
I can’t wait to use it..bellissimo!

Attachments

• E8F3648D-050B-4B26-969C-1B997CC0D79E.jpeg
    E8F3648D-050B-4B26-969C-1B997CC0D79E.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
Back