The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sandalwood Splash

Quijote

La Mancha's Best Shaver
Legacy
First Responder
I know I am opening the proverbial can of worms with this, but I am going to ask it anyways. I am being sent a sandalwood soap and salve and wanted a good sandalwood splash to follow it up.

I have been looking at DR Harris, Fine, Captains Choice, and Prorasso. Not sure which to go with though.

Captain’s Choice Sandalwood is amazing. I’ve only tried the other two as soap samples, but wasn’t a fan.

My two favorites out of what you listed are Captains Choice and Fine Santal Absolut. The CC is a great after shave, but don't expect it to stick around long. Fine Santal Absolut IS my favorite. I love this scent (and I'm almost out by the way) and really lasts a long time. I constantly get complimented on this after shave. If I had to pick another one...I love Taylor of Old Bond Street..but I think it is less of a Sandalwood scent and more of a Sandalwood redux. Hope this helps!

I've only tried 3: Captain's Choice, Proraso Red, and TOBS. Each is different, and I like all of them. The Captain's Choice seems to have the most pure sandalwood scent -- very woody. But I reach for the Proraso and TOBS more often. One thing I particularly like about the Proraso is the skin emolient effect.

I'm partial to CC. It's a pure fragrance. Haven't tried the Fine, but have heard good things about it. I don't like that it has no glycerin. CC skin conditioning properties are exceptional for me.

The Fine Santal is a very close representation to the original AOS Sandalwood, which aside from the original Crabtree & Evelyn is one of the best by far IMHO

Fine Santal Absolut is the best smelling Sandalwood I have ever encountered.

+1 on Fine Santal Absolut. Beware of using it in warmer weather though. It can get cloying in the heat.

Sorry I’m late to the suggestions, but I love sandalwood!

So far I’ve tried sandalwood scents from AOS,DR Harris, Proraso, and TOBS. They are all quite different and it really depends on the soap you are being sent and if you like matching AS.

Sorry I’m late to the suggestions, but I love sandalwood!

So far I’ve tried sandalwood scents from AOS,DR Harris, Proraso, and TOBS. They are all quite different and it really depends on the soap you are being sent and if you like matching AS.

It is the Chattilon Lux/DG collaboration Santal Auster

Back