The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

RR Half DE Blade SE

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
Confirmed further development of Razorock’s half blade DE razor. Looks pretty tempting actually.

I'm just waiting for the Razorine one. But that is interesting.

However Chris you must have a Stirling order before buying more razors lol

I guess this is his answer to all the folks that want him to do an injector. It looks like the half blade will be clamped down and supported well enough to be as rigid as an injector, but allow you to use your favorite DE blade.

I truly don't understand the point. You can clamp down a DE just as tight with a DE razor designed the same way. Injector blades are stiffer, so no matter how you hold the dang thing it's not going to be the same. In my mind, snapping a blade in half doesn't really qualify it as a SE razor.

My experience with half DE blade razors is mixed. Shavettes that use half blades are a mixed bag (and a much different animal) and the one half blade SEs that I have used, the Rocnel SE-P, is a great shaver but still requires a light and steady hand. The Rocnel model P also works much better if you glass the edge corners of the DE blade.

Since this will probably be an inexpensive and well built piece of hardware, like almost all previous RR products have been, I will probably pick one up. I am just not sure if I am going to like it.

One of my concerns is whether or not the blade corners will bite. They appear to be well supported with low exposure, but when using a half DE in the Rocnel model P or in a shavette the very ends of the DE blade (i.e. the corners at each end of the edge) are what you need to watch out for.

Back