The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rockwell T2 Stainless Steel

A nice comfy shave this evening. Nothing riveting to say or exciting to announce. To be honest, the T2 SS from Rockwell has been a no nonsense shaver, workmanlike if one could classify a razor in such classes or groupings. I felt in the beginning of this fixed event that perhaps I had made a bad choice in taking the T2 for a month long shave chase As I just felt it wasn’t going to give me the blade feel that I prefer in my razors. Slowly but, surely though it proved me otherwise as it just gives consistently smooth, comfortable and nicely efficient shaves. The time spent with it really forced me to focus on technique & execution of said technique to maximize the attributes that the T2 possesses. Not a bad razor at all. Might just get one more in before all is said & done.

Great shaves to all…

4DED87DE-5756-4923-B312-3D51D72F2B8E.jpeg

An enjoyable and incident free shave with the Rockwell T2-SS. Paired it with a fresh Feather blade and set it on #6 and finished it 3 passes later at about #4.5 or thereabouts. A very smooth BBS finish and feel with the T2 & Feather pairing. The Ethos Bergamotto soap provided excellent protection and plenty of glide to help the T2 glide along the skin with ease and comfort.

The T2-SS is a really nice shaver. Could it use a bit more blade feel to up the efficiency factor for my tastes? Yes but, as it stands the T2-SS is very capable of delivering satisfyingly good shaves without much drama and it works well enough for me. No, it’s not a Sailor or Taiga nor an Ambassador or the recently released Osprey. But, it does share the quality alloy components of the previously mentioned razors and so far that quality alloy and construction have proven to be well executed by Rockwell in my estimation.

Great shaves to all….

60E1CCDD-4DA5-45C3-A640-283FD492B80A.jpeg

Easy and uneventful shave this morning. The razor, soap, blade and brush all performed like they have in the previous shaves. The T2 hasn’t been an eye opener or has produced an “oh wow” moment but, it has performed at a steady and consistent action every time during this event. It works at the adjustments I’ve had it at without a single issue. It clears out stubble, it rinses easily and it operates as good as any well made adjustable that I have used to date. The tto mechanism may take a few more turns to open & close fully but, that doesn’t detract from the robust build quality it has. Industrial and workmanlike look that just works and works well indeed.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 107199

A nice comfy shave this evening. Nothing riveting to say or exciting to announce. To be honest, the T2 SS from Rockwell has been a no nonsense shaver, workmanlike if one could classify a razor in such classes or groupings. I felt in the beginning of this fixed event that perhaps I had made a bad choice in taking the T2 for a month long shave chase As I just felt it wasn’t going to give me the blade feel that I prefer in my razors. Slowly but, surely though it proved me otherwise as it just gives consistently smooth, comfortable and nicely efficient shaves. The time spent with it really forced me to focus on technique & execution of said technique to maximize the attributes that the T2 possesses. Not a bad razor at all. Might just get one more in before all is said & done.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 108266

I’ve been using the Merkur Progress exclusively for several years now.. I have a thick, New Jersey beard (Italian) and the adjustables seem to work best for me. My only complaint is the lack of grip on the handle. The Rockwell looks like one I’d like to try,and was looking for some feedback before spending the + 100.

I’ve been using the Merkur Progress exclusively for several years now.. I have a thick, New Jersey beard (Italian) and the adjustables seem to work best for me. My only complaint is the lack of grip on the handle. The Rockwell looks like one I’d like to try,and was looking for some feedback before spending the + 100.
reponded to you PM.. to confuse your choices even more , LOL

Back