The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rockwell Barbershop Shave Soap.

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Hey , I looked but couldn't find Any thoughts on this..
Rockwell_E-Comm_Web__10-min_0356fc08-23c3-450b-8354-e8585a7b178c_800x.jpg
RR-CREAM-B_4-min_f889b81d-9848-43dc-88a3-e3942505a842_800x.jpg
I have the opportunity to get some for a good price and wanted to ask you guys about it. Have any of you tried it ? Being " barbershop" scented I thought it might go well with clubman or maybe bay rum or something along those lines.... Any thoughts ? Also TYIA for any replies.... Thanks for reading....

It reminded me of Simpson cream. It worked for me, but there wasn't anything particularly excellent about it. I used it once.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It reminded me of Simpson cream. It worked for me, but there wasn't anything particularly excellent about it. I used it once.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot... Like I said , I have the opportunity to get some of it for really cheap and was thinking of trying it if it was a/n okay soap / cream....

I’m guessing there’s a reason many of us haven’t tried it…..

I think the key here is that you @Jaro1069 said you had an opportunity to get some of this soap at a ‘good’ price. Obviously price is subjective but whenever I find something new sitting on a shelf and the price is very reasonable I will grab some just to give it a try. If the price isn’t great I might pass on it unless I’ve heard others talk about it and say it was worth a try. I have some stuff in my shower right now that I picked up for a couple bucks, made by whall (like the clippers). It doesn’t lather worth a beans but it provides a slick surface and smells pretty good so I don’t count it a total loss. I use it to scrub my face/beard in the shower.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it a lot. I may pick some up just to try at some point soon. I mean less than 2 bucks a tub. If nothing else maybe I can reuse the containers if the contents are complete rubbish.... Thanks again for the replies...

Back