The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rock and roll hall of fame

2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees
(Those in Bold are the Inductees)

• Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T.Rex
  • Thin Lizzy
What's it mean if I only recognize 6 names and can only name a song from 2 of them?

I don’t think the HOF actually inducts the most worthy. I think part of the decision is if the person/band will pay the high price charged for induction as well as the cost of seats for themselves & family. It’s a shame the RRHOF is a Hall of Sham.
Just my 2 cents from this rock fan.

P.P.S. Of the list of nominees, I think the notable omissions are Kraftwerk and DMB, in terms of influence on the body of work in “rock and roll,” however you want to define it. Both have a huge following, and many progenee.

Regarding Kraftwerk, consider the state of electronica at the time they emerged. And where it lives today.

As to DMB, virtually everyone we met at the DMB concert was from out of state, and always asked, “How many times have you seen Dave?” The folks to our left flew in from New Jersey for the concert; the folks from the right flew in from Virginia.

I found this very funny.

My wife is a huge fan of Dave Matthews, and always has been. I’m not. Every summer he holds a series of concerts at the Gorge (near Seattle, where he and I both live). A couple of years ago, my wife posted a request on Facebook for a companion to join her to go to a DMB concert at the Gorge (several hours away), knowing I wouldn’t want to go. I’ve never felt like such a heel as a husband. When I got home from work the day of the post, I volunteered to be her companion. With tears in her eyes, she thanked me. I rented a hotel room in Ellensburg so we wouldn’t have to drive all night, and had a nice weekend. Though the concert was not my favorite part.

P.S. Dave Matthews is a great person, and a huge supporter of the non-profit music radio station where I work. When asked once by the local media why he supports KEXP, given that we don’t play his music, he responded to the effect: “Why would I want them to play my music? I can hear my music anytime.”

That is a nice story.
Been to 2 concerts and she went to the 1st and she said it was the worst concert she ever went to?? The last one she did not. This year I have a friend that might not be able to go? She said that she would not want me to go alone?? But really I would not enjoy it knowing she would hate it!! I was thinking of doing the same thing or WTF I would just go myself.

Kinda like letting Alan Trammel in without Lou Whittaker, lol!

You totally made my day! I was a Detroit Tigers fan as a kid and Lance Parrish was my favorite player growing up. Though...I was also an avid fan of both Alan Trammel and Lou Whittaker...I mean...how can you not!

Okay...back to you guys talking about music that isn't Rock 'n Roll! 🤪

You totally made my day! I was a Detroit Tigers fan as a kid and Lance Parrish was my favorite player growing up. Though...I was also an avid fan of both Alan Trammel and Lou Whittaker...I mean...how can you not!

Okay...back to you guys talking about music that isn't Rock 'n Roll! 🤪
It really bugs me that Trammel didn't refuse the honor until they let Sweet Lou in.

Honestly, neither would have been as good without the other.

Sorry all, but everyone knows baseball is more important than rock and roll!

Back