The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Review: Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations, Coconut Oud

Nice review KJ. Seeing your review I can probably just smooth/level out the soap in my jars when I shave with it the first time.

I have lisa's gentleman lavender. I use mine in a bowl. I put in about an almond size scoop in my bowl. I get a better lather and a great shave. The post shave is really nice. I dont put anything on after either.

First KJ thanks for doing the review and awesome work!

FYI Toasted Coconut is a good descriptor.

The tub is not ideal. The consistency is definitely soft in her luxury formula. It is one that I actually bowl lather even though I face lather 90% of the time.

I also think it is important to add in that she is working on making this soap/cream even better! She has been sending out testers and she is on her 6th iteration. I am helping test this one.

Weird on the residual slickness. But I will be honest I do think that is one area that the original formula could improve. I think once her final formula is complete after reviews this piece will be fixed.

All in all a good honest review! Thanks for posting KJ!

Actually Chad, I made test batch #7 on Friday which is even better than #6. I should be getting feedback on it in approximately 2 weeks.

Actually Chad, I made test batch #7 on Friday which is even better than #6. I should be getting feedback on it in approximately 2 weeks.

Oh wow! and I starting to use #6 tomorrow!

You can just pitch it or use it whichever you prefer. I have been working and testing since February on this endeavor and I sincerely appreciate everyone who has helped in the testing.

Not sure if the Plaide Cloimhe I just got was original or luxury formula but it was and is definitely one of the best soaps in my den!!!

That is the original formula. The bottom or base of my line.

Back