The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Review: Honeybee Soaps, Brut

Love Brut (and Fatboy razors too)!

Nice shave, good thoughts on our new vendor!

KJ excellent review! I think there are two concerns that people can present and you hit both of them. 1. the residual slickness and 2. the lather is a different consistency. But like you proved in the review video, and I know from experience those are not good enough reasons to not use this soap. It provides great protection and is plenty slick to get the job done. I really enjoy the two Honeybee Soaps I own and also recommend!

You should be called speedy shaver instead of spidey shaver.

Great review and history lesson KJ. I admit I have had little experience with soaps that are made from that glycerin type base. Early in my journey I stumbled on Taconic, I enjoyed the eucalyptus/ Mint ...but being new to the game I got a range of lathe quality that was harder to nail down. I have since acquired a tub of Honeybee soap and ordered a couple more. The lather is indeed different from tallow and "typical" veggie soaps but that is why I like having it. Now that I have so many various soaps on hand I like to find ones that have a different kind of lather (assuming it is a good lather). A funny thing, for no particular reason I tend to favor harder soaps and have looked askance at the super smooth glycerin type soaps...for no other reason than aesthetic appeal.

You should be called speedy shaver instead of spidey shaver.
Thanks, I honestly don’t know why everyone says I shave fast. I know I shave faster than I did when they was learning, but I just figured everyone sped up when they got the hang of it. Maybe it’s just my Spidey Senses that help me out, lol.

A funny thing, for no particular reason I tend to favor harder soaps and have looked askance at the super smooth glycerin type soaps...for no other reason than aesthetic appeal.
I get that. I prefer the harder soaps as wel, just because loading is more consistent. You can really press a brush into it to load, and get aggressive with it. Softer soaps require more care, and I like easy.

If you do place and order, her shipping calculator, will estimate high. But she will reimburse any overage.

Great review KJ...you always have a unique perspective that I have always respected!

Back