The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Razor ID help needed

fhalden

"Like BarberDave… I make my own fun”
My old college roommate found a razor in his mother's attic and is giving it to me. It's a Wilkinson Sword, according to the case, but Ive never seen anything like it before. Can anyone help me with any information? Thanks! I don't even know if it's SE or DE, so I put this thread here.
ce26a5ba3cfd1e2630608131ab2aba46.jpg
321497c89a7cf148d269e98e9c45661d.jpg
3b582b4045b3c078d57936a115395f18.jpg
9dfbdbe2e79e09df1353885f9f1a79bc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So are new blades still available for it?

Looks like you have all the wedge blades. If in decent shape you can hone and use. They may be sharp now. A neat piece to have for a shave from history from time to time like the August theme old school shaves

Wow, that's unique. If I'm following this correctly, it's 7 steel wedges, like straight blades, you insert into the handle to shave with it like a SE razor?

Also looks like the brown thing is a strop?

That looks brand new. Great find!

So are new blades still available for it?

That razor is a somewhat like a straight razor. The blades are meant to be rehoned.

Hone up all 7. Strop them before and after the shave. Their edges should last several months of daily shaving since you will be rotating through the blades across a week. Rehone once the edges diminish too much to get a good shave from them. Rinse and repeat.

Kept in good condition that set will last you a lifetime of shaving and will be a family heirloom. Your great-grandkids will be able to shave with those blades.

Well, this is amazing! Time to research honing!

There appears to be instructions that came with the original razor. Is yours intact?

Wow, that's unique. If I'm following this correctly, it's 7 steel wedges, like straight blades, you insert into the handle to shave with it like a SE razor?

Also looks like the brown thing is a strop?

That looks brand new. Great find!
yep, you got it.

Back