The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pork Rinds

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Very polarizing, but on a low carb / keto diet these take the place of chips nicely. Thanks to @dkeester I signed up for a subscription to "Keto Krate" where they send a variety of Keto and Low carb snacks and such each month. I am one who loved Pork rinds or what we in the SW call Chicharrones. Anyway, this flavor does not sound good, but it is AMAZING

1639441701411.png

That's right Spicy Dill, YUM here is the website and great unique flavors, a bit pricey but oh so good

A high protein, low carb pork rind snack

Everyone I know loves them…including my wife and kids of rooster sauce or other red chili sauce is involved…I just don’t get the obsession though.

I’ve always loved pork rinds. And found a new love for them when I started keto. We always have a few bags on hand.
Spicy dill sounds great!

Everyone I know loves them…including my wife and kids of rooster sauce or other red chili sauce is involved…I just don’t get the obsession though.
Indeed
I’ve always loved pork rinds. And found a new love for them when I started keto. We always have a few bags on hand.
Spicy dill sounds great!
I have had the Kimchee version and are pretty good, but the spicy dill is just awesome

Had a bag of those a while back. They are tasty!

We have a bunch of places locally that do cracklin's. Man I can eat pounds of that stuff. The BBQ joint about five minutes from me does smoked cracklin's ...not that takes pork belly to a whole new atmosphere!

Love Pork Rinds. Walmart carries a brand called "Mac's" that has a Jalapeno flavor. That is one of my favorites. Also, the brand (I forget) that Costco carries is good, but are only plain pork rinds.

The Costco brand is my favorite! They also have a green bag at our Costco. That's Jalapeno. DELICIOUS!

I know it has been discussed before but I love smooshing pork rinds and then breading my chicken in it. Of course when you combine the two tastiest animals it's bound to be good.

I got into those when I first went low carb. Don't like spicy and couldn't get past the flavor of the others.

Careful on the Keto labeled stuff. Often they are referring to carbs after a calculation and when you look at total carbs they aren't much lower if at all.

no I look at TOTAL carbs not net, Been averaging about 48-60 of my total carb limit, which translates to about what a Keto Diet on Net carbs is so it is a wash overall

I have a hard time enjoying pork rinds, tastily its been ok, mentally i struggle.

Love biltong, even diy seems pretty easy and much much cheaper.

Back