The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Porch Pirates

Yeah, I think it's time for a camera doorbell.

I have one with our security system. We even upgraded to the one that takes better video. It has it's limitations, but I will say that it has come in handy a couple of times. I haven't used it to actually talk to someone yet...but it lets us know when someone comes to the door. I will also access the live feed sometimes to see what the weather is doing at my house. Right now it just covers the front stoop and most of my front yard. But I can see who is at my door and if it is a vehicle, I can see what kind of vehicle it is (delivery or otherwise). The wife and I have thought about adding a camera to cover the driveway too.

The only problem I have currently, is that on warmer days...there is a gecko that hangs out on the camera at night eating bugs and triggers it about 30 times or so a night. I have to turn off my notifications then.

I have one with our security system. We even upgraded to the one that takes better video. It has it's limitations, but I will say that it has come in handy a couple of times. I haven't used it to actually talk to someone yet...but it lets us know when someone comes to the door. I will also access the live feed sometimes to see what the weather is doing at my house. Right now it just covers the front stoop and most of my front yard. But I can see who is at my door and if it is a vehicle, I can see what kind of vehicle it is (delivery or otherwise). The wife and I have thought about adding a camera to cover the driveway too.

The only problem I have currently, is that on warmer days...there is a gecko that hangs out on the camera at night eating bugs and triggers it about 30 times or so a night. I have to turn off my notifications then.

It's a shame you have to shut off notifications at night because of him/her/it

It's no biggie. I think it is attracted to the light...so trying to figure out how to maybe turn the light off after a certain time. Either way...it's a minor inconvenience. I would rather have the gecko around rather than not. After all they eat bugs!

Back