The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pop-Tarts toasted or just the way they are?

Toasted or raw Pop-Tarts?

• Toasted

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Raw

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Don, vote here

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don’s calorie butter covered, hot mess, tart bomb

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
The ONLY pop tart that is allowed to be toasted is the cinnamon brown sugar. All others raw.

I am sorry but aren't they designed to be toasted? I get a sickly feeling I have stepped into a very long discussion....

The only one I like to eat raw (or toasted) are the S'mores Pop Tarts.. All others get toasted

Toasted is the only way to go.
The name gives it away....POP Tarts. It pops up in the toaster! It even says Toaster Pastries on the box.
91tADt75EdL._SL1500_.jpg
Here are the instructions..
f2BzdNy.jpg

Eating raw poptarts is just barbaric!

I like them either way, depending on my craving, or depending on whether or not there’s a toaster handy.

If you saw me in person you would have little doubt in your mind that I will eat pretty much anything...but I haven't had a pop tart in ages and don't have a desire to consume one anytime soon. I look at them like zombie apocalypse survival foods, packed with calories and no real flavor. I assume toasting them is intended to make them taste better but toasting them makes the center so hot you burn your mouth trying to eat them. They are either lava hot or room temp...nothing between. Microwaving them is best, leave them in the foil bag and watch them spark. At least then you get sme entertainment. I'll eat them but I don't ask for them. For poll purposes I guess I'll say raw, just so I am not putting any more effort than needed into the consumption AND to stay with the survival theme.

If you saw me in person you would have little doubt in your mind that I will eat pretty much anything...but I haven't had a pop tart in ages and don't have a desire to consume one anytime soon. I look at them like zombie apocalypse survival foods, packed with calories and no real flavor. I assume toasting them is intended to make them taste better but toasting them makes the center so hot you burn your mouth trying to eat them. They are either lava hot or room temp...nothing between. Microwaving them is best, leave them in the foil bag and watch them spark. At least then you get sme entertainment. I'll eat them but I don't ask for them. For poll purposes I guess I'll say raw, just so I am not putting any more effort than needed into the consumption AND to stay with the survival theme.
hmmm maybe you are the Zombie???????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️

Toasting definitely enhances the flavor.

The ONLY pop tart that is allowed to be toasted is the cinnamon brown sugar. All others raw.
That's exactly opposite!
A) They are Brown Sugar Cinnamon (not cinnamon brown sugar)!!

and B) Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts are the only ones that can be eaten raw..... all other get toasted (as The Gods intended).

I'm going to agree that it does slightly mute the flavor, but I have to have mine warm lol.

I've also eaten them, heated up in the microwave! Just in a pinch, when there was no toaster......

In the '60's they had no frosting and you put them in a toaster and then put butter on them.

I outgrew sweet breakfast crap many decades ago, so for me they're best when left on the store shelves. ;)

Back