The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

PIF/Contest Ultimate Minimalist Wrap-Up

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Can you believe it? My Ultimate Minimalist Competition is almost completely over. Not sure what I'm talking about? Check it out here:

I have 377 shaves on both my Personna blade and my puck of Williams, as of today, but I only have a few shaves left on my Williams before I call it a wrap.

IMG_0719.jpg

By golly, that soap has lasted far longer than I ever thought possible. I knew I could probably get 200 out of it, but stretching it out to a year plus, with some encouragement from Barber Dave, was quite the challenge. Gotta give props to @OpusX who also stuck it out and completed 365 shaves on his puck and blade as well. I guess I'm the only one crazy enough to keep going... and yes, I do intend to keep going on the blade after my soap is gone. Maybe I can make it to 400.... who knows maybe more?

"So what's this I hear about a PIF/Contest"... I'm hearing from the back of the room. Yes that's right! I have picked out the soap that I will use for my first shave in over a year, that isn't Williams.... and I want to see if anyone can guess what it is. Yes, I have a lot of soap to choose from, but I assure you that it is one of my favorite scents from one of my favorite artisan soap makers, and that should narrow it down just a tad.

Look at what you could win! An Old Spice Bank, and Old Spice Stein, and of course..... A new puck of Williams Mug Soap! And if I'm feeling froggy (and participation is high), I may add some other stuff as well.
IMG_0720.jpgIMG_0721.jpg

Da Rules.....

1. Enter this contest by posting, below. Say you're in and add your name to the sign-up list...... but DO NOT enter your guess in this thread.

2. Send me a Private message with your guess, include both the artisan's name and the soap's scent.

3. I will keep this contest open as long as guesses keep coming in, or until I'm ready to leave for the TSC conference.

4. Judging:
A. If one person gets it exactly right, they win.
B. If multiple people get it right, there will be a random draw of those entries.
C. If nobody guesses the scent correctly, but one or multiple people at least get the artisan correctly, the rules above will apply in like manor.
D. If everyone sucks at guessing and nobody gets the artisan or the scent correct, then everyone's name will go in the hat.

Prizes will be mailed out shortly after the contest closes, but I Reserve the right to deliver the prizes in person at the TSC CON, if the winner is a convention attendee.

Good Luck to all!

Sign-Up List

I’m in!

Spider’s Ultimate Minimalist Wrap-up PIF

Sign-Up List
1. Majorrich

I'm In

Sign-Up List
1. Majorrich
2. BarberDave

I'm In

Sign-Up List
1. Majorrich
2. BarberDave
3. Jaro1069

I'm In

Sign-Up List
1. Majorrich
2. BarberDave
3. Jaro1069
4. Heysi

379 shaves and the soap is gone! I actually had a tiny sliver left that I might have been able to use tomorrow, but it jumped out of my hand and I lost it. I think it went down the drain.....

So tomorrow, I get to use one of my favorite soaps. But which one is it? Still plenty of time to enter the contest. I will not reveal the soap until it's closed.

I'm In

Sign-Up List
1. Majorrich
2. BarberDave
3. Jaro1069
4. Heysi
5. Luecke2362

z2ptg31m.png

I wanna know what's up with the jar of hair??????

Only 5 guesses? It's weird, people on The Cadre just don't like PIFs...

OK, No more guesses are coming in, so I won't drag this out.

We had 5 guesses:
Saint Charles Shave - Fairway (guessed by 2)
CBL - Dragon's Milk
CBL - Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Mystic Water - Vetyver

These were all great guesses, but none were correct. I even gave you clues as to what I would use in my post. I guess everyone stopped thinking like a Bingo player.....

Of course, I had to choose a soap from @CBLSoap.com and the scent I chose was Private Reserve.

2 Members picked a CBL soap, so it will be between @Jaro1069 and @heysi

Results after I get out of my meeting!

Back