The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Photo Contest #13* - Cars

SteveChuckFrank

Close Enough*
Thanks to everyone for voting for Lucy The Badcat in the last photo contest.

Contest #13* will be all about cars! It can be your car, someone else's car, , an antique hood ornament, some sweet driving gloves (ahem... @BarberDave), or a really well taken photo of some brake pads. If it's car related, it counts.

Submissions: Today - Jan 24, 2021
Voting: Jan 25-28

IMG_1786.jpg

Rules:

1. Each week a Theme will be decided upon by the previous week's winner (that is the Prize).
  2. All camera types allowed (DSLR, SLR, Phone Camera, etc.).
  3. Contest will run from 1/13-1/24.
  4. Photos will be posted in a Voting Thread for all members to vote on.
  5. Voting will be open for 3 days (1/25-1/28).
  6. That winner will decide what the next Theme will be.
  7. Themes can be anything (TOU Rules apply).
  8. Get creative!
  9. There is no limitation on post photo software processing (Photoshop allowed).
  10. All photos must be taken and processed by YOU. NO COPIED OR INTERNET PHOTOS.
  11. Contestants may submit as many photos as they choose, however only the latest photo will be the one used for voting.
  12. Please include how the photo was taken (camera, lighting, location, etc.)
  13. Photo must have been taken within the last 5 years.

I'm sure you've noticed the asterisk. It looks like we skipped contest #11, so this is technically not number 13. Plus, did you expect anything else from me?

Here's a weird pic for you. We were in a parking lot, my wife driving, and I snapped this with my Tracfone Moto G. I did crop it a tiny bit. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, as my wife stops the car for no photo!
IMG_20210109_145558953.jpg

So did I, I had to stop on my walk home that day to take a pic.

I've always loved the Safari bus, it was my dream vehicle as a teenager.
Same here. I almost bought a used one of the "newer" buses (from the early 1980's) but decided against it. I had a "Match Box" car way back in the 60's as a boy that made me fall in love with the idea of owning one someday!

Doesn't even look real. Nice pic!
Thanks! I think I like yours better...

My brother has a VW Bus that was given to him that he was going to fix up and restore. He did some stuff to it...It runs...but he needs to get that god awful wrap taken off of it.

(by the way...this is not an entry)

1611332043594.png1611332097683.png1611332146555.png1611332176600.png

I'll bet you a nickel that is a one of a kind VW Bus right there!
It actually came from Anheuser-Busch. My brother works for an A&B distributor and that bus had been sitting around for a while and so he asked about it. Turns out A&B didn't want it anymore because they lost the title so my brothers work said that he could have it knowing that there isn't a title. I imagine that is likely one of the reasons for his procrastination in restoring it...trying to deal with getting a title for it. He knows people...but it's still a hassle.

Spider Bike
iPhoneX
Last ride of Fall 2020

View attachment 45707

I'd vote for the Natty Bus! LOL
Okay Forum Police...time for a dose of your own medicine...I mean...I personally I don't mind your photo submission...but like you have said...rules are rules...

Contest #13* will be all about cars! It can be your car, someone else's car, , an antique hood ornament, some sweet driving gloves (ahem... @BarberDave), or a really well taken photo of some brake pads. If it's car related, it counts.

I mean...I don't see four wheels there... 😛

Back