The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Photo Contest #12 Holiday Theme

HMan

Doften Savant
Thanks to all for choosing my pic as winner of the Fall Colors contest.

This contest's theme will be Holiday Pics
Your photos can be any thing related to the holiday season, Christmas, New Year, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Drunk Santa in the alley, you name it!

Seeing as it's the holiday season, with lots of opportunities for pics ahead, (and since interest has been surprisingly slim :( ), I'm going to bend the submission and duration rules a bit this time.

Contestants can submit as many photos as they want, however the latest one will be the one used for voting. In other words, if you wind up taking a better picture later, you can always submit it!

Submissions: Today- Jan 2, 2021
Voting: Jan 3-10

I will do my best to bump this thread to help keep exposure.

1607696390502.jpeg

Rules:
  1. Each week a "Theme" will be decided upon by the Previous weeks winner ( that is the Prize )
  2. All types of Cameras are allowed ( DSLR, SLR, Phone Cameras, ETC)
  3. Contest will run for 7-days ( Sunday to Sunday) WAY LOGER!
  4. Photos will then be posted in a Voting Thread for all member to vote on
  5. Voting will be open for 3 days before a winner is declared LONGER TOO!
  6. That winner will then decide on the Photographic theme for the next contest,
  7. Themes can be anything ( TOU Rules apply) including shaving items on a LIMITED BASIS and if so a Specific Theme should be adopted
  8. Get Creative
  9. Since this is member driven and voted, there will be no limitation to post photo software processing ( Photoshopping allowed)
  10. All photos must be taken and processed by YOU. NO COPIED or INTERNET PHOTOS
  11. Contestants may submit as many photos as they want, however only the latest one will be the one used for voting. In other words, if you wind up taking a better picture later, you can always submit it!
  12. Please include how it was taken ( camera, lighting, location etc) and please Name the photo
  13. Photo must have been taken within the last 5-years ( For the remainder of 2020.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Call on extended timeline. Based on waning interest, we may need to make that permanent, and just do one a month.

I'll be going a few places after Christmas where I should get some nice pics! So I will definitely be submitting something later!

Good Call on extended timeline. Based on waning interest, we may need to make that permanent, and just do one a month.

I'll be going a few places after Christmas where I should get some nice pics! So I will definitely be submitting something later!
Looking forward to it.

I'm thinking with the extended timeline, and possible even better pics coming in, that folks can submit multiple entries, with each new entry supplanting the prior one.

What do you think?

Looking forward to it.

I'm thinking with the extended timeline, and possible even better pics coming in, that folks can submit multiple entries, with each new entry supplanting the prior one.

What do you think?
That would be up to the Boss..... @BarberDave

I think it could be worth a try, might even be fun.

If only there were are way to go back and edit the OP.......
P.m. me what you’d like it to say and I’ll change it it may be later tonight but just direct me to which post and I will change it for you

#1 Entry

Lk6VGRc.jpg

#2 Entry

E3zkdHg.jpg

It's a two man contest now, let's see if we can get a few more entires now that those Christmas Day pics are taken.

Don't forget, you can enter as many pics as you want between now and Jan 2, 2021.
Your latest entry will be the one folks vote on, so see if you can top yourself!

1609076605716.jpeg

Back