The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Personal Blend

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello Cadre
Thought you’d enjoy this.
68DE41DD-F8FB-4C8D-9547-7F75B3F2A15C.jpegADB97149-263C-4712-B169-8FBB7C7470B8.jpegWell today I finally finished up a Personal Blend project for my customer Matt.and it was a fun project because he sent me two different Tree Saps that he got from trees on his land in Colorado. So we discussed making him a F Base Shave Soap and a Matching Skin Food Splash. Of course the tree sap has to be infused over a period of time. So today was the day to finally put the two products together as I also made the Tonka Bean in the F Base so I pulled some out before adding the Aroma Blend in. So all I can say is the old saying is so true. “ Ain’t nothing like the real thing “ and it smells amazing and better than any Pine Essential oil I’ve had my nose on. I can’t wait for Matt to try it. Oh and I had a little extra for myself so can’t wait to try it as well. Its curing now.

This was the stickiest material I’ve ever worked with and the pan I used is pretty much a throw away as some of the resin isn’t coming off nor do I have the patience to take the time to try and get it off. Soap and water didn’t touch it nor did alcohol so I’m like see ya!

Bottom line this was a very fun project and I also made him another Shave soap and Skin Food Splash using a Eucalyptus Absolute I acquired from one of suppliers and honestly this is now my favorite Eucalyptus oil of all the varieties I’ve tried. It’s very thick and syrupy and green so the Shave soap came out a really cool color and so did the Skin Food Splash. I would have included photos of those but like an idiot I walked out of the warehouse without taking a photo but I’ll get one up.

Anyway here’s a couple of photos. One is of the Tree Sap the way I got it and a photo of the final products. I love doing custom work as I get to know my customers on a one to one basis’.

Thanks Matt and Great Shaves all

Here’s a photo of the other Personal Blend I did for my customer Matt. This is made with a Mediterranean Eucalyptus Absolute. A lot different than any Eucalyptus Essential Oil as it’s a thick green syrup that needs to be infused first. This is now my favorite Eucalyptus. Figures it wouldn’t be easy to work with.. story of my life! 😂
On this one Matt opted for the white Personal Blend labels.

Great shaves!

6D3B9607-7698-467A-849A-FEF8A578857A.jpeg

Back