The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pearl Flexi. Round 2....

Second go around with the Flexi. Don't know the release version and honestly it makes no difference to me. I sold the first one and felt like I hadn't quite given it its fair due. Saw a used one on the Murphy & McNeil site for under $50 US so, I jumped on it. Plus it looks nearly brand new so, a no brainier for the $$$.

Put in 3-4 shaves of late and they have been solid shaves. Nothing mind blowing nor spectacular but, very good nonetheless. I've used a Feather exclusively in the Flexi and it has worked quite well keeping that bit of first use harshness from the Feather at a very tame feeling but, cutting very well.

I'll hang with the Flexi for a full month or two and see where it leads me. Great shaves to all...

FFD28A8D-F67E-40CF-A04A-19DBEA7187FD.jpeg4CC455E1-0940-4041-91BD-CE47433E70FA.jpeg12A5EA4B-1C46-461E-BAB9-B7927A3F715B.jpeg

Funny story about the pearl Flexi:

I bought mine off Ken Surfs and really enjoyed it, I then decided to get the real thing the REX AMBASSADOR. So I went ahead and did a giveaway on one of the FB groups. I then got the REX and had absolutely terrible luck with it. So you can say I had “GIVEAWAY REMORSE”. Haha 😩

I ended up selling the REX for $200

I do miss the FLEXI though. And I plan or getting it back in the future. I also want to test he YAQI Adjustable.

Took a quick 2 shave hiatus from the Flexi and got back at it yesterday evening. I'm really impressed with the smoothness that it delivers and the cutting ability it provides across its adjustment range. I've only shaved with it from 3 on up and perhaps at 2.5 for touch up work but, mostly it has been from 5 to 6 for my shaves. And that using a Feather blade exclusively. No harsh feeling at all with this razor & blade combo. So far, so good. Looking at trying out a couple of my other preferred blades in the Flexi to see how they fair in it as well.

Great shaves to all....

95E06875-499C-41D1-AA59-F1B569A4824A.jpeg

Back