The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Pawn in a Pawn......

Knothead

Jr. Shave Member
Artisan Retailer
Handcrafted Resin Shaving Brush Handle 24/26mm “The Pawn”. Height 2 ⅞", Diameter 1 ¾", drilled for 24/26mm knot (not included). Shown with 26mm knot. Pearlescent White with Duo Blue/Green "pawn" surrounded by crystal clear resin.
Can be purchased here:

IMG_2945.jpgIMG_2942.jpgIMG_2938.jpgIMG_2944.jpgIMG_2941.jpgIMG_2940.jpg

Thought about how to make everything, but kinda hard on a lathe that just turns round objects. Guess I could do Bishop, Queen, King, and a Rook if I utilized some other tooling.........

Pick up a small travel set and use the pieces.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I like to make the entire unit. The blue pawn was cast and turned by me. This part took 3 separate castings (one for the white base and top, one for the blue cylindrical "pawn" that needed machined and finished prior to the third which was casting the clear resin. The process before I actually started to turn it into a handle took about 6 days. That's pretty much why a lot of what I make is "one offs".

Back