The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Parker Variant vs Rockwell 6c

Well yes, I know one is an adjustable and one you change the plates, but in a manner you can change the aggressiveness of both. And the variant is on a BST ?

Well yes, I know one is an adjustable and one you change the plates, but in a manner you can change the aggressiveness of both. And the variant is on a BST
1f609.png
Never used one but have heard good things about them. Message Glazedboker. I know he's used and owns both.

Okay, this is NOT an unbiased opinion because I tried the 6s in a pass around and did not find it to be a superior shave to any degree. I found the head to be too heavy and bulky, the shave to be average at best for the plates that I could get a decent shave with, and didn't like the fact that folks call it adjustable when you just have a razor with different base plates, not unlike the ATT, which was doing it a long time before.

Having said that, I will speak of the Variant. of the "modern" adjustable razors, I have shaved with the Progress, Variant, and REX. The Progress gives a slightly smoother shave than the Variant and the head is not as bulky and easier to maneuver. The Variant has the advantage of having a better handle (with the grip), having an adjustment dial made of metal, and comes in colors. Overall, it does give a comfortable shave and you are able to dial in different settings immediately so you can go with a high number for WTG, a lesser number for ATG, and a different one for XTG. You can also go in between numbers like a 2.5 setting, which is something you can't do with a Gillette. Of course the same could be said with the Progress. In the end, for me it came down to the build and design which I liked more with the Variant for the same price.

Having said that, the REX is in a class by itself and a totally better shaver than both, but it does cost more than twice the price of both combined.

Rex pass around going on in another neighborhood. I'll have it in a week or so to try for a week. Join in it if ya want. Glazedboker is doing it.

I own the Variant and the 6S. I get great shaves from both. But if I had to choose only one. I'd pick the Variant.

Thanks Dave for the heads up about the Rex pass around, I got signed up for it. After shaving with my slim, my 6C isn’t the end all razor I thought it was. Now it’s been knocked down another rung with my getting my prewar fat handle tech.

Back