The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Paradigm SE, Titanium......

I’ll be honest Gents, I was so hyped up into this razor from Paradigm Shareware, the SE Ti, that I was going to tell my Lady that this would be my Christmas present once it was released. And she was fine with it. Let’s face it, this thing was going to be way north of the $300 range and possibly over the $400 zone. Unheard of territory for me. But, I was stoked about it and had read as much as I could find my hands on over the net and other shaving forums. I knew that I was going to jump on this bad boy the minute it hit the online shaving stores. Excited was a complete understatement.

Well, they finally showed some pics of the production version. I opened up the forums thing and clicked on the thread and dove in....... WHUUUUUUUT? I mean.... Is this it? I was like, dumbfounded. I rubbed my eyes and once my vision cleared, it was there again. Didn’t change. I closed the thread and reopened it. Again, same pics. I am seriously underwhelmed by this offering. Plain Jane. No sex appeal. Hell, the De Haven SE razor looks better than this thing. I looked at my Lady and she says “not impressed, are you?” Hell no woman! I closed the thread and said to myself that is not worth the greenbacks they are asking for it, regardless if it’s the greatest razor ever made since the straight was invented. What a letdown of epic proportions...... how can one recover from such a goof?

I went into my shave den with shoulders hunched over and decided to bust out my Classic Cobra....... Sexy, gorgeous, and a hell of a razor.

Order restored with a fine shave. I’m feeling much better now......

It looks like a high quality potato peeler. That said, if it gave me an amazing shave I’d consider it.....if it was in my price range.

Looks like a floppin cart to me...

The handle design boarders on something midwestern.

Odd choices. Glad you dodged a bullet on this one!

Looks like some kind of 30's art deco done poorly. Now that Cobra Classic is a totally different story!!!!!

I mean this as politely as possible but that razor is UGLY!

Looks like I'm alone here, but I really like the looks of it. Reminds me of the old Durham razors...

Looks like I'm alone here, but I really like the looks of it. Reminds me of the old Durham razors...

No, I'm with you in that I like the Durham razor. It has personality and character. But, the Paradigm is just kind of flat and boring. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

The Paradigm SE Ti finally dropped a few hours ago. Tried warming up to it, even had it in my cart for about an hour and just couldn’t bring myself to complete the purchase. My heart is not in it. The razor just doesn’t stir my shaving soul. It either grabs you or it doesn’t. It hasn’t grabbed me. Bright side, I saved a few greenbacks....

To those that got one congrats and may it provide some excellent shaves.

Great self restraint! Your shave-heart wasn’t in it and you recognized it.

Guess what that means...you get to spend twice as much on the next razor you do like!

Great self restraint! Your shave-heart wasn’t in it and you recognized it.

Guess what that means...you get to spend twice as much on the next razor you do like!

Yeah, you have a point. But, I'm thinking of taking the Misses out for a relaxing weekend up in the Poconos Mt. Airy as she has been a trooper and we haven't done an "all us, just you and me baby" weekend in some time. Our work hours are tough and she's an RN which is crazy hours and shifts for her. She deserves it and then some.

WOW !!! If Gus didn't buy it, it doesn't bode well for there sales, Gus has trouble passing up any razor ?

True indeed!! Lol! It's like Bacon...
It will sell out regardless. Exclusivity and upper echelon status for those that are into that.

I have a little confession to make Gents. I don’t know how to say it in words so, I’ll post a few pics for you....

My shame has no limits or boundaries. I am a bottomless pit of RAD abnormalities....
First shave with it tomorrow morning!! ?

Gus, you're worse then me with brushes and soap lately........................Nice ugly razor !!!! Just kidding. Hope she shaves like a dream for you.

And roughly 4 posts back I commented on Gus not being able to resist a razor ???? All in fun Amigo but sign me up for the Vector pass around now that ya got a new girl n town LOL!!

Back