The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Packaging issue and poll

Glass. I'll gladly pay the extra if I'm already in this price range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Glass. I'll gladly pay the extra if I'm already in this price range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I would prefer the glass jar and pay extra for it.

I have to agree with you on glass. I love it and I'd feel good about the environmental advantages it offers over plastic of any kind as well as being a good environment for my organic ingredients but here were the 3 challenges and reasons at this time I decided to go with the PETG Crystalline plastic jar.
1. I can only get those glass jars in Italy and the cost of the jars are about $2.96 per unit without a lid. Expensive but not as much as the PETG jar if I buy it from the only supplier in the USA
2. The Shipping expense on the glass jars from Italy to the US is crazy expensive because the glass jars weight just about double of the already heavy PETG jar so it would bring the cost of each jar to almost $5.00 a jar again without the lid.
3. Shipping to you the customer would be considerably more as well again because of the extra weight.
4. All the risks of breakage both on their way to the US. Shipping an order to you the customers I'd have to make adjustments in the size of the boxes I use and the inside packaging to secure safe travel to you the customer without any chance of breakage. Also the worry that you may while loading you soap or during a shave while handling the jar and it get slippery ( Which it does as I tested it with shave soap on it ) if it falls in the sink well then you'd not only have a mess on your hands but you'd have to get another jar for the soap that you'd have to seperate from the broken glass. Lastly God forbid it drops on a tile or marble floor from counter height or from your hand while shaving it will be shattered all over and the chance of the customer cutting themselves is real. Double thet risk if anyone is a shower shaver.

Those are the reasons I went with the PETG jar along with the fact it is one of the easiest to recycle of the plastics. I guess you could say my heart was for the glass but my mind went with the PETG jar. Also of all the plastics it's the safest to use with the type of ingredients I use from a micro bacterial standpoint so another plus.

Thank you for your feedback! 🙂 (y)

You don't need no stinkin' poll, Lol. Just busting chops. Glass all the way Baby!

Again, this an opinion based on no experience whatsoever in the personal care area especially the shaving realm.

From what I see and read plus with some of the cool conversations we've had Frankie, you consider your shave products high end line items. Not to mention your ingredients though, perhaps well known in the beauty & wellness care industry are particularly cutting edge additives/components that are right on the cutting edge of shave product and men's toiletries development/execution.

Glass is THE ONLY option. In my humble opinion, of course.....

You don't need no stinkin' poll, Lol. Just busting chops. Glass all the way Baby!

Again, this an opinion based on no experience whatsoever in the personal care area especially the shaving realm.

From what I see and read plus with some of the cool conversations we've had Frankie, you consider your shave products high end line items. Not to mention your ingredients though, perhaps well known in the beauty & wellness care industry are particularly cutting edge additives/components that are right on the cutting edge of shave product and men's toiletries development/execution.

Glass is THE ONLY option. In my humble opinion, of course.....

Your killing me Gus! You know my heart tells me glass as it would be the best house for my ingredients to live in but you probably saw all the reasons I went with the PETG jar

One thing is they are both the same size and who knows I may do a soap or two along the way in glass. Like if I did a soap with a very special aroma ingredient in it. BTW the glass jar comes in a true frosted finish which is beautiful in person but costs even more but it would be an even better environment for some of my more UV sensitive ingredients.

You know what kind of stinks is that these jars are not available in the US from any supplier unless you can afford to buy 10,000 jars.

I didn’t read the 13/9 vote, sorry. Glad it is all worked out now. I really like his soap and skin food. I am ready to place another order for the Lavender that is restocked. I wasn’t laughing when I received my first order with two cracks in the jar. Fortunately it doesn’t affect the soap so I kept the ugly jar. It was at the peak of the pandemic in NYC and I wasn’t jumping through hoops to return soap.

I didn’t read the 13/9 vote, sorry. Glad it is all worked out now. I really like his soap and skin food. I am ready to place another order for the Lavender that is restocked. I wasn’t laughing when I received my first order with two cracks in the jar. Fortunately it doesn’t affect the soap so I kept the ugly jar. It was at the peak of the pandemic in NYC and I wasn’t jumping through hoops to return soap.

Hello my friend and if you every want a new jar just let me know and I’ll get it out to you. I had 32 out of 100 crack scooping in the hot soap with this last batch of the new Melange Di Argume So after it cooled down had to scoop all the soap out and put it in a new jar. Takes about 10 minutes or so for each jar.. doing 32 was a big PITA doing 1 would but not difficult so I can send you a new jar with the labels on and you can transfer it if you’d like or send it back and I’ll send you a new one. I can always transfer it and PiF it to someone. . We don’t want you to have an ugly jar any more!
Lol

Hello my friend and if you every want a new jar just let me know and I’ll get it out to you. I had 32 out of 100 crack scooping in the hot soap with this last batch of the new Melange Di Argume So after it cooled down had to scoop all the soap out and put it in a new jar. Takes about 10 minutes or so for each jar.. doing 32 was a big PITA doing 1 would but not difficult so I can send you a new jar with the labels on and you can transfer it if you’d like or send it back and I’ll send you a new one. I can always transfer it and PiF it to someone. . We don’t want you to have an ugly jar any more!
Lol
—-
it was hurting my eyes..:cool:
lol
Frank, thank you. PM sent for a couple of orders as well.

Back